A selection of articles related to literary device.
Original articles from our library related to the Literary Device. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Literary Device.
- What day are you born on?
- The day of the month on which the you were born - regardless of which month or year it is - is a key numerological indicator, providing an excellent "thumbnail sketch" of standout traits. It strongly influences your Life Path and is helpful in...
Symbology >> Numerology
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 3
- WAKE UP, GET DRESSED & MOVE OUT The search for Truth and meaning that occasionally marked the philosophies of the ancient world, appears to be in a state of serious decline in the present day. In our institutions of psychology and philosophy, there is...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- The Rise Of The Rede
- A Change In Emphasis The Wiccan Rede currently enjoys an extremely visible role in Paganism. As of this writing, a browser search using the term "Wiccan Rede" will generate no less than 4,000 listings. Go to a specific Web site with a "basics...
Paganism & Wicca >> The Wiccan Rede
- Is Subliminal Influence a Threat?
- Potentially, yes, subliminal influence of various kinds could represent some sort of social threat. It isn't likely that people could be turned into automatons by subliminal influence, but it is arguable that we are already greatly, even unfairly, being...
Parapsychology >> Subliminal Persuasion
- Healing With Color Magick
- In healing colors act as balancers: we administer the color(s) someone needs more of, or we give the opposite of the color someone has too much of. Why should the body need color suppletion? Healthy people are in tune with their ground-tune, what means that...
Symbology >> Colorology
Literary Device is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Literary Device books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Types of Writing Select Literary Terms
- Types of Writing Select Literary Terms. Utah Valley State College Writing Center.
- 10th grade literary terms
- 10th grade literary terms. Term. Definition.
- Terms – AP English Language and Composition
- Adapted from V. Stevenson, Patrick Henry High School, and Abrams' Glossary of Literary Terms. Terms – AP English Language and Composition.
- A P LITERARY TERMS
- Literary Terms page 1. A P LITERARY TERMS.
- Literary Devices c d e f g
- Literary Devices.
Suggested News Resources
- 'One Day' interview with director Lone Scherfig
- No, but I knew that I needed to make the time jumps work as cinema because it's a literary device and literary game that you are checking in on the characters once a year whether they are together or not.
- 'One Day' delves into two lives
- David Nicholls wrote the witty prose of the best-selling novel and the deftly constructed screenplay, and the central concept, so absorbing as a literary device, translates surprisingly well to the screen.
- Overly Rosy Premise Proves Thorny In 'Flowers'
- As invigorating as this language is as a literary device, it does border on a gimmick — the overreaching and common curse of debut novels.
Suggested Web Resources
- Literary technique - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A literary technique, literary device, procedure or method, can be everything that the artist-writer uses with particular artistic intentions.
- Literary Devices
- This page contains a list of literary devices and their meanings.
- Literary Devices | Definitions & Examples
- Welcome to the website dedicated to Literary Devices. Here will find a list literary devices with definitions and examples.
- Literary device for a phrase that doesn't make sense in itself
- 6 days ago like, faraway love isn't a colour right.. so it doesn't make sense.. what literary device is this - is it a paradox??
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.