- Improving earthquake forecasts
- As the cooler oceanic lithosphere subducts it becomes dehydrated, releasing fluid that migrates along the fractures in the plate. The fluid becomes trapped due to reduced porosity and permeability, and the clay acts as a weakening mechanism, thus ...
- studio deFORM stacks stone from four italian sites to realize lithosphere
- london-based architecture firm and design gallery matter of stuff, has unveiled the 'lithosphere coffee table' — the first product in their collection 'curated by MOS'.
- Understanding the softness in Earth's lithosphere
- Lithosphere is the stiff layer of rock that lies atop the slow-motion convection of Earth's solid, yet ductile, interior.
- Graduate students recognized for outstanding research
- Cory Reed of Union, Missouri, a Ph.D.
- 10 weird things you never knew about the ocean's deepest places
- Both Mercury and Earth's Moon are tectonically dead. Mars appears to have tectonically ceased, and Venus is dominated by thick lithosphere with mantle plumes. On Earth, subduction zones produce continental crust, which can protrude from the ocean (the ...
Lithosphere is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Lithosphere books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.