A selection of articles related to liturgical calendar.
Original articles from our library related to the Liturgical Calendar. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Liturgical Calendar.
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Celtic Gods of Mainland Europe
- Speakers of Celtic languages once dominated a swath of Europe stretching from Spain to areas of modern-day Turkey. At various times in their heyday from 500 to 100 B.C., these Celtic peoples controlled what is now France, southern Germany, northern Italy,...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Feasts of the Times
- "There are rituals of the elements and feasts of the times." - AL II,36 The Tropical Zodiac, while not shifting with the precession of the Earth like the Sidereal Zodiac, has the charming...
Magick >> Thelema
- Water Wisdon
- If you are lucky enough to live near mineral springs that naturally flow from the EarthMother's body, then you are lucky enough. If you do not live near mineral springs, locate some somewhere and make a pilgrimage there (weekly, monthly, annually, as often...
The Elements >> Water
- Hawke, Elen: British Author
- Elen Hawke is an author, artist and British witch from Oxford, England with many years experience both living and teaching the Craft. She is a Craft elder, a Wiccan initiate, and a professional astrologer and tarot reader, as well as being a working...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Origin of the Zodiac Signs
- Zodiac is that imaginary belt encircling the earth through which the sun, moon, and the planets pass during the year.
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
Liturgical Calendar is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Liturgical Calendar books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Catholic Cardinal Dolan: 'Where's the Catholic Sandy Koufax?'
- "From what I can detect, instead of fidelity to communal acts of penance, we write in for 'dispensations' for the measly eight days of fasting left" on the church's liturgical calendar, Dolan wrote in a column titled "Have We Lost It?
- Wearing of the green
- St. Patrick's Day was originally just another of many feast days in the Roman Catholic liturgical calendar. Since it fell in (abstemious) Lent, the faithful could indulge in a few St.
- How to create a sacred space in your home
- If you're using an altar or some kind of elevated space, you can drape it with colorful fabrics that change to reflect the season or the liturgical calendar.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Liturgical Calendar Topics
Related searchesasia population density
peak of eloquence
polynomial interpolation applications