A selection of articles related to liturgical colours.
Original articles from our library related to the Liturgical Colours. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Liturgical Colours.
- Synaesthesia: The Crossing of the Senses
- "We interpret one sense by another." William Hazlitt "Although medicine has known about synaesthesia for three centuries, it keeps forgetting that it knows. Richard Cytowic, in "Synaesthesia: Phenomenology and Neuropsychology a Review of...
Modern Science >> Synesthesia
- Hawke, Elen: British Author
- Elen Hawke is an author, artist and British witch from Oxford, England with many years experience both living and teaching the Craft. She is a Craft elder, a Wiccan initiate, and a professional astrologer and tarot reader, as well as being a working...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 37
- Chapter 37 37:1 And Jacob dwelt in the land wherein his father was a stranger, in the land of Canaan. 37:2 These are the generations of Jacob. Joseph, being seventeen years old, was feeding the flock with his brethren; and the lad was with the sons of Bilhah,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- That Glimmer of Life: Death, The Energy Body & Its Aura
- When persons are nearing death, their auras change dramatically. As a mystic and healer with many years experience, I have probably had more opportunities than most to observe the auras of people with terminal illnesses, in the weeks, days, hours and minutes...
Body Mysteries >> Auras
- Ever Seen an Aura?
- Of course you have, or at least a picture of one! Although aura reading has become stock in trade for some psychics, everyone has seen pictures of what aura readers visualize with their "third" eye. Consider the paintings of the birth of Christ that...
Body Mysteries >> Auras
- Elemental Associations
- The earliest of Greek natural philosophers, Thales, in considering which was the most basic element in the cosmos, from which the cosmos was made, supposed that the cosmos was made of Water. Later, Heraclitus decided that the most basic element in the cosmos...
Magick >> The Elements
- Candle Magick: A Basic Guide to the Art
- Research your spell– colours, herbs, gems, moon and astrological phases. Create a visualisation for your intent, a symbol, maybe a rune? Light incense and cast your sacred circle. Invoke the deities needed for your work. Relax, ground and centre. Now you need...
Spells >> Charms
Liturgical Colours is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Liturgical Colours books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Soundstreams Music presents a stunning evening of intense, powerful music
- MacMillan is a believing Christian, but his Seven Last Words is not the least bit liturgical, or theological. It is a portrait of Christ as a man in crisis, in pain, achingly human as he leaves this Earth. As we listen to the soprano's ...
- An imaginative, moving portrait of King David
- With the striking array of colours in the biblical story as her base, Brooks' deep artist's palette paints a captivating, moving landscape of vivid characters. Part of Brooks' success is in her use of the prophet Nathan as the narrator.
- TUESDAYS WITH TERESA: I Am Who I Am
- Like our liturgical seasons, I greet these changes with some expectation. Teresa Brierley PUBLISHED March 01, 2016. I am looking forward to cooler days and nights and the change in the colours of the landscape.
- Valentine's Day in Savannah
- VALENTINE'S Day, also known as Saint Valentine's Day is a celebration observed on February 14, each year. Historically this is a liturgical celebration which evolved into an occasion in which people expressed their romantic feelings for each other by ...
- Confirmation: liturgical colour
- What is the correct liturgical colour for a confirmation in the parish eucharist? Some say white, others red, others the colour of the season.