A selection of articles related to liturgy.
Original articles from our library related to the Liturgy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Liturgy.
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- A Cup of Hemlock: Dealing with Conflict in Coven and Congregation
- There have always been those folks who point out our foibles, and make us take an uncomfortable look at our world, as well as those who simply had the misfortune to point out the obvious when it was unwelcome. Then there are troublemakers, folks who go out of...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Egyptian Temples, part II: The Priesthood
- The basis for the country, for society and for the individual was the maintaining of Maat. When the earth is a reflection of the sky, which is lorded by Re, then Pharaoh, "son of Re", Horus incarnated, becomes accordingly the lord of the earth. But...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Egyptian Temples, part VI: The House of Life
- Library - Archive 'The House of Life' could well be called a library. It was that part of the temple where all records and texts were kept and stored. These papyrii encompassed many different fields of learning as well as the accountings on the daily and...
Religions >> Egyptian
Liturgy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Liturgy books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- ST. BASIL LITURGY
- The richness of the Coptic Liturgy is obvious and easy to be experienced by attending the service and studying the Coptic Liturgy has its special importance.
- Liturgy and Church Music
- From the very beginning, liturgy and music have been quite closely related.
- THE DIVINE LITURGY
- Byzantine Chant, the liturgical music of the Eastern Ortho- dox Church, was once of Orthodox worship is the celebration of the Divine Liturgy.
- Liturgy and Prayer
- e past few years I have approached liturgy and prayer with some nat- ural “fear and trembling” (Phil :). I ask myself whether my prayer is acceptable to God.
Suggested News Resources
- A sign of hope
- However, it is a great privilege and opportunity to celebrate the life of Jesus in the Liturgy of the Word and receive the Body and Blood of Jesus in the Liturgy of the Eucharist. In our own difficult times it is essential to keep Sunday holy.
- ROGERS, AR: Anglican community on journey to Catholic Church
- In October 2007, bishops of the Traditional Anglican Communion in Portsmouth, England, petitioned the Holy See to come into full communion with the Catholic Church, while retaining Anglican traditions and liturgy. Pope Benedict XVI responded on Nov.
- Chant may gain traction under new missal, but hymnody's place secure
- “There's a camp that's becoming entrenched, (saying) that the proper antiphons that are found in the missal are as essential to the liturgy as the reading, and no one would ever replace the proper antiphons with something else.
- Rally Day at Faith Lutheran Church to feature jazz liturgy
- Services will be held at 8:30 and 11 am The jazz liturgy, which has become a custom at Faith on Rally Day, will be led by the Sanctuary Choir and a 1920s New Orleans jazz band.
Suggested Web Resources
- LITURGY | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos
- LITURGY's official profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Liturgy
- A Greek composite word meaning originally a public duty, a service to the state undertaken by a citizen.
- liturgy - definition of liturgy by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus
- lit·ur·gy (l t r-j ). n. pl.
- This website has resources for spirituality, eucharist, liturgy, and worship that works for individuals and communities and is vital, transforming, and faithful.
Related searchesleeds twin cities
southgate london history
republic references and notes
george gemistus plethon
dream symbol playful attitude