A selection of articles related to liturgy.
Original articles from our library related to the Liturgy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Liturgy.
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- A Cup of Hemlock: Dealing with Conflict in Coven and Congregation
- There have always been those folks who point out our foibles, and make us take an uncomfortable look at our world, as well as those who simply had the misfortune to point out the obvious when it was unwelcome. Then there are troublemakers, folks who go out of...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Egyptian Temples, part II: The Priesthood
- The basis for the country, for society and for the individual was the maintaining of Maat. When the earth is a reflection of the sky, which is lorded by Re, then Pharaoh, "son of Re", Horus incarnated, becomes accordingly the lord of the earth. But...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Egyptian Temples, part VI: The House of Life
- Library - Archive 'The House of Life' could well be called a library. It was that part of the temple where all records and texts were kept and stored. These papyrii encompassed many different fields of learning as well as the accountings on the daily and...
Religions >> Egyptian
Liturgy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Liturgy books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Against Liturgy Shaming
- The photos were of their liturgy, which featured liturgical dancers, ribbons, streamers — you name it and they probably had it.
- Pope celebrates penitential liturgy, compares sin to blindness
- As part of the “24 Hours for the Lord” initiative, during which confessions were heard for an extended period of time, Pope Francis celebrated a penitential liturgy in St. Peter's Basilica on March 4.
- A little bit of liturgy . . . please!
- I grew up in a non-liturgical church. No written prayers for us! Even responsive readings from the hymnal brought the scorn of some.
- Silence in the Liturgy
- In an essay published in Italian in L'Osservatore Romano on January 30, 2016, Cardinal Robert Sarah, Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, discusses the meaning of silence in the Roman liturgy.
- Agenda for this week: The Pope will preside the liturgy of penance
- This annual tradition, known as the liturgy of penance, will be held in the afternoon in Saint Peter's. Yet, this year it has a special significance for being the Year of Mercy.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searches304 deaths
arne nss ecosophy t
battle of atlanta aftermath
crash bandicoot mascot
battle of antietam afternoon