A selection of articles related to liver.
Original articles from our library related to the Liver. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Liver.
- Prometheus and the force of fire
- Look at a flame of a fire or just a small candle. See how mesmerizing the ever-changing forms of the fire are? Do you experience the pleasant warmth, romantic feelings or sense of truly being at home, brought about by the flames? From old fire is regarded as...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 3
- Chapter 3 3:1 And if his oblation be a sacrifice of peace offering, if he offer it of the herd; whether it be a male or female, he shall offer it without blemish before the LORD. 3:2 And he shall lay his hand upon the head of his offering, and kill it at the...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- Ferrum metallicum (Iron)
- Ferrum, iron, is the metal of the planet Mars. Mars derives its red color from the large amounts of iron in the ground. In the human body the liver is the main storeroom of iron; a proper working liver is associated with courage and positivism. Our blood...
Remedies >> Remedies F
- Chalcedony qtz., multi-colored, solid. Yellow, orange, brown, green. Yellow for stomach, intestines, liver, spleen areas, earthy grounding. Green: Receptive. Element: Earth. Respiratory/heart chakra. General tissue regeneration; mineral assimilation; general...
Earth Mysteries >> Stones, Minerals & Metals
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 29
- Chapter 29 29:1 And this is the thing that thou shalt do unto them to hallow them, to minister unto me in the priest's office: Take one young bullock, and two rams without blemish, 29:2 And unleavened bread, and cakes unleavened tempered with oil, and wafers...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- Stannum metallicum (Tin)
- Stannum is homoeopathic potentized tin. This metal is associated with Jupiter, the planet of faith, trust and lust for life. Beautiful orange colored Jupiter is the biggest planet of the solar system; in astrology Jupiter is connected with growth, getting...
Remedies >> Remedies S
Liver is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Liver books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Liver biopsy
- of patients with liver disease and has long been considered to be an integral gard to assessment of the severity of liver fibrosis.
- Exploring Alcohol's Effects on Liver Function
- A large proportion of heavy drinkers develop serious alcoholic liver disease. products. Exposure of liver cells to bacterial toxins may contribute to liver disease .
- Liver Wellness
- 2009 American Liver Foundation.
- Liver Cancer
- Apr 4, 2011 For example, breast cancer that has spread to the liver is still called breast cancer , know about the normal structure and function of the liver.
- Acetaminophen Overdose and Liver Injury — Background and
- grams per day) can cause serious liver injury—even death.
Suggested News Resources
- Sunday School: Dreams of Chopped Liver
- If you ask customers at Wise Sons Deli's pop up brunches what their favorite item on the menu is, they will most likely tell you it's the chopped liver. In fact, one customer admitted to dreaming about their chopped liver.
- Liver Cancer Treatment on the Menu?
- The bright spice saffron may one day be used for liver cancer treatment or prevention.
- Baby in hospital with 'suspicious injuries' to spleen, liver area
- A 17-month-old Austin baby is recovering from liver lacerations, spleen damage and internal bleeding — deemed “suspicious injuries” — at St. Marys Hospital in Rochester.
- Hey Gov, it's Toms River not chopped liver
- By Paul Mulshine/The Star Ledger AP File PhotoGarden State Parkway: Believe it or not Guv, there's still people left in Ocean County after the bennies go home.
- Shands temporarily shuts down liver, pancreas transplant programs
- By Kimberly Moore Wilmoth GAINESVILLE — University of Florida and Shands officials have voluntarily and temporarily shut down their liver and pancreas transplant programs after the unexpected departure of three of four key surgeons from the program.
Suggested Web Resources
- Liver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The liver is a vital organ present in vertebrates and some other animals.
- The Liver (Human Anatomy): Liver Picture, Definition, Function
- WebMD's Liver Anatomy Page provides detailed images, definitions, and information about the liver.
- Liver Diseases: MedlinePlus
- Your liver is the largest organ inside your body. It is also one of the most important.
- Liver problems - MayoClinic.com
- Liver problems — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, prevention of liver diseases and conditions.
- Liver Cancer Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Treatment, and
- 12 hours ago What are the population characteristics (epidemiology) of liver cancer? What's in the future for the prevention and treatment of liver cancer?