- Three-year plan that's aiming for a gross margin of €80/ewe
- At the moment the farm is a hive of activitiy, as he has established a flock of 80 pedigree Lleyn ewes which began lambing in mid-February. Many sheep farmers rate the Lleyn breed highly for their ease of care and prolificacy.
- New Lleyn centre record at society's Ruthin sale
- This year's Lleyn Sheep Society sale in Ruthin saw a new centre record of 11,000gns as buyers showed they were prepared to pay a premium for quality (Mon, Sept 7). With a strong number of rams, buyers were able to pick and choose, with nearly 20 tups ...
- NI Lleyn Sheepbreeders dinner
- 2015 was just the second year that the Lleyn breed has exhibited at Balmoral Show and champion male and overall breed champion was exhibited by Charles and Andrew Kennedy, Ballyclare. Female champion came from breed stalwarts Roly and Fiona ...
- Record lamb crop predicted for 2016
- The Martin ewe flock contains a mix of Belclare, Lleyn, Highlander and Romney bloodlines. John attributes the high lambing rates now being achieved to the excellent grazing conditions that prevailed last back end.
- Carlisle Lleyn sale hits 6500gns for Pwllheli tup
- This year's Lleyn Sheep Society sale in Carlisle (Thurs, Sept 24) saw a mixed day with many highs and few lows. Breeding sheep found homes easily with a premium paid for quality, but the commercial trade was more tempered, especially for ewe lambs.
Lleyn is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Lleyn books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.