A selection of articles related to lockheed constellation.
Original articles from our library related to the Lockheed Constellation. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Lockheed Constellation.
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- ASTRONICA: Blessing or Nightmare for Astrology?
- If NASA's engineers only had eleventh-century astronomy knowledge, do you think they could have landed the "Rover" on Mars? If modern day astrophysicists could only make use of ancient Assyrian astronomy, do you think they would have been able to...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Sothis was the goddess personifying the dog-star Sirius, the bright appearance of which in the July dawn sky announced the annual flooding of the Nile. The Egyptian name of the goddess was "Sopdet", from which came the Greek Sothis, normally used in...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Welcome to Tyr’s Aett, the third and final aett (group of eight) of the Elder Futhark. Tiwaz is the name of this aett’s first rune in reconstructed Common Germanic. Its name became first Teiws in Gothic, then later Tiw or Tiu in Anglo-Saxon and Tyr in Old...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- People of the Book: Fighting the Holy War
- At the heart of most of the world's great religions, there is a sacred text. This is usually a compilation of the words of the enlightened founder of the path or the interpretations of the life and teachings of this founder. Within this text is contained the...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Lockheed Constellation is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Lockheed Constellation books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Lockheed Constellation and Constellation Survivors
- Lockheed Constellation that caught my eye that summer. Along with the military EC-121s being serviced at Lockheed.
- AIR AMERICA: LOCKHEED L-1049H SUPER CONSTELLATION
- AIR AMERICA: LOCKHEED L-1049H SUPER CONSTELLATION by Dr. Joe F. Leeker.
- Lockheed Constellation—the “Connie”
- Lockheed Constellation—the “Connie”. Current Status: Preventative maintenance is being performed until the FAA approved Maintenance Plan is in place.
- History of the “BATAAN,” Lockheed C-121A Constellation, 48-613, c
- Lockheed C-121A Constellation, 48-613, c/n 2605, was one of 10 Model L-749A. Constellations ordered by the U.S.
- AVSIM Online - Flight Simulation's Number 1 Site!
- Nov 18, 2009 Lockheed Constellation. C69 / L-049A. Product Information.
Suggested News Resources
- Today in History
- A TWA Lockheed Constellation crashed shortly after takeoff from Chicago's Midway Airport, killing all 78 people on board.
- 65 years of going Dutch in aviation's golden age
- And from September the Lockheed Constellation L-49 on the route Amsterdam – Glasgow – Gander – New York was introduced. It took 12 hours to cover the route.
- A Detailed Look at Air India's History PART 1 – Guest Blog
- As Air India continued to grow; it became a government owned corporation in March of 1948; later that month they received their first Lockheed Constellation; a large turboprop.
- Memorial under way at site of Arizona 1959 military crash
- Hosking noted that the trail system that traverses the area's granite formations is being called the Constellation Trail, in memory of the victims and the C-121G airplane, which was developed from the Lockheed Constellation.
Suggested Web Resources
- Lockheed Constellation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Lockheed Constellation ("Connie") was a propeller-driven airliner powered by four 18-cylinder radial Wright R-3350 engines.
- Lockheed Constellation and Super Constellation Survivors
- Jan 26, 2004 Devoted to surviving Lockheed Constellation and Super Constellation, one of the premier airliners of the 1950's.
- Lockheed Constellation first public flight - YouTube
- Nov 18, 2007 Credit to Manfred Poznanski for the beautiful Breitling Super Constellation video at the end of this clip.
- The Legendary Lockheed Constellation
- The Lockheed Constellation may be the object of more misinformation and fables than any other airliner ever made.
- Goleta Air and Space Museum: Lockheed Constellation survivors
- Lockheed designed the Model L-049 Constellation as an airliner for Transcontinental and Western Air and Pan American Airlines.