A selection of articles related to logarithmic scale.
Original articles from our library related to the Logarithmic Scale. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Logarithmic Scale.
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Planes of Existence
- As shown in this diagram, planes of existence should not, as they commonly are, be thought of as discreet states but rather as a continuous scale. As we distinguish between body, mind and soul, we must equally distinguish between physical, mental, and...
Parapsychology >> Astral Projection
- Planet: Saturn Sign: Capricorn Day: Saturday Saturn is the planet with the beautiful rings; this points at the organized and strict character of this planet-spirit. Saturn is the last (personal) planet that can be seen with the bare eye; for more distant...
Earth Mysteries >> Stones, Minerals & Metals
- Sun Fire Laughing
- At the center of every creation Fire dances, laughing, conjuring, holding the chill of the void at bay. Like both the charmer and the snake, he warms the Earth to jump from its slumber, calling all life to stand and reach for him in the heavens, calling all...
The Elements >> Fire
- The World Mind and Consciousness (GM4)
- Few would argue the fact that today's world is literally permeated with conflict at every level of society. Yet the governments and institutions of the world are, for the most part, unable to alleviate the pain and fear that is increasing among us. Most...
Mind >> World Mind
Logarithmic Scale is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Logarithmic Scale books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Lessons in a cynical game state
- On this occasion, I've added a ratio of forward to backward passes (note that the y-axis for this graph is a logarithmic scale), fouls conceded, and the percentage of Seattle's touches taken by Clint Dempsey and Andreas Ivanschitz.
- Can Today's Cash Flow Per Share Or Market Capitalization Help Us Find The
- This article completes the investigation of the 13 highly admired, top-performing Dividend Aristocrats dubbed the Survival Bias 13 in a Previous Article.
- Commentary: Leaf blower noise in Newton is unbearable
- (On the logarithmic scale, 77 decibels is 16 times as loud as 65 decibels.) The TAB editorial reaches the head-scratching conclusion that raising the decibel level will reduce the amount of leaf blower noise.
- The Average Number of Tornadoes During Extreme Weather Has Been Increasing
- Vertical axis is on logarithmic scale, so the rate of increase in the annual mean is expressed as a percentage per year. This rate of increase is statistically significantly greater than 0.