A selection of articles related to london.
Original articles from our library related to the London. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on London.
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Yule, the Winter Solstice
- ABOUT YULE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT YULE Yule, pronounced "you all", or jol is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Yule, in Old Norse means, Wheel. As the Wheel of the Year is significant in pagan...
Holidays >> Yule
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- Ostara - The Vernal Equimox
- ABOUT OSTARA | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT OSTARA Ostara (pronounced Oh-star-ah) is also called Eostre, Easter, Vernal Equinox, Spring Equinox, and the First Day of Spring. This is the time of year when day & night are equal, and heralds the return of...
Holidays >> Ostara
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
London is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, London books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- 45 wonderful things to do in London this weekend
- The Museum of London is inviting anyone with clothing and accessories from the late 1970s, especially DIY and customised fashion, to come along to a 'show and tell' day at the museum.
- A Striking Visualization of London's Future Skyline
- A grand total of 436 new skyscrapers could be heading for London soon. Of this tally, 114 are at the pre-planning stage, 233 have received approval prior to construction, and 89 are actually being built. Now, thanks to a new set of extremely detailed ...
- GIANT rat found in Hackney children's playground, east London
- This is the terrifying 4ft-long rat that was discovered by a gas worker in London, and it is the stuff of nightmares.
- How '4ft monster rat' found by gas man on London housing estate is from GAMBIA
- They say you are never more than six feet away from a rat in the capital. So residents on the London housing estate where this monster was found might be forgiven for feeling a little queasy.
- A whistle-stop tour of Sarah Tanat-Jones' London illustrations
- You might recognise a lot of the establishments immortalised in Sarah Tanat-Jones' Chicken Shops of London from many a drunken journey home. The London-based illustrator has also sketched London's launderettes, old pubs and cafes and her latest work ...
Related searchesbasic taste history
paraphilia history of the term
taliban rise to power
jane goodall far side controversy
ford duratec engine duratec 8v