Louis Armstrong Notes
A selection of articles related to louis armstrong notes.
Original articles from our library related to the Louis Armstrong Notes. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Louis Armstrong Notes.
- Synaesthesia: The Crossing of the Senses
- "We interpret one sense by another." William Hazlitt "Although medicine has known about synaesthesia for three centuries, it keeps forgetting that it knows. Richard Cytowic, in "Synaesthesia: Phenomenology and Neuropsychology a Review of...
Modern Science >> Synesthesia
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Story of the Celts: Who are the Celts?
- The ancient Celts were a group of culturally similar peoples who once occupied most of central and western Europe, north of the Greco-Roman world. Perhaps the most common cultural characteristic of the ancient Celts were the Celtic languages, a branch of the...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
Louis Armstrong Notes is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Louis Armstrong Notes books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- 1000 hours of early jazz music released online.
- A collection of early jazz recordings, including works by Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington and Jelly Roll Morton, has been meticulously archived and released online. At archive.
- Crescent City school notes for March 9, 2016
- The culinary arts presenters were Edgar “Dooky” Chase IV, owner of the Dook's Place restaurant at the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, and Manny Pineda, owner of Restaurant Rebirth, 857 Fulton St. Get The Advocate in your inbox.
- At 80, Chicago trumpeter Bobby Lewis determined to 'Play On'
- Or at least Lewis didn't, his ability to adapt to the musical needs of the moment — to sound like Herb Alpert or Louis Armstrong or Maynard Ferguson or just about anyone else — putting him very much in demand.
- Fundraiser set for MBHS music students to visit New Orleans
- It's not just the notes on the page. It's telling the stories of our country and the people that lived through the horrible and wonderful times. As the great Louis Armstrong said, 'What we play is life.
- Jazz notes: A little respect for the popular
- Come now, there must have been a few: Louis Armstrong, Erroll Garner, Nat King Cole, Dave Brubeck, Oscar Peterson. What they share (except maybe Brubeck) is a sensibility that's more swing era than bebop, which is to say, they presented a happy face, ...