- Laos features in US travel advisory
- US embassy staff are banned from travelling on Road 13 from Kasi in Vientiane province to Phou Khoun junction in Luang Prabang province, 50 km (31 miles) away. The road is a popular overland route to Luang Prabang. In the 1990s a Swiss tour operator, ...
- The Western backpacker: an endangered species?
- On the other hand, Luang Prabang in northern Laos, was a disappointment. "It felt like it had lost its identity to tourism, which was a real shame." Backpackers like Cat can be found almost everywhere, of course.
- US expands Laos warning after attacks on tourist route
- Last month, Washington had already warned travellers to avoid the southeast Asian country's Xaisomboun province after roadside attacks left three dead. Now the warning has been extended to Road 13, a major route between Luang Prabang to Vang Vieng, ...
- Angkor Air to connect South Korea
- Currently, Cambodia Angkor Air operates domestic services from its base in Phnom Penh to Siem Reap and Sihanoukville and international services to China's Guangzhou and Shanghai in China, Luang Prabang and Vientiane in Laos, Bangkok, Thailand ...
- The world's loveliest natural swimming pools
- Located just south of Luang Prabang, Kuang Si Falls is a three-tier waterfall, starting on top of a steep hilltop that feeds into shallow pools.
Luang Phrabang is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Luang Phrabang books and related discussion.