- Delve into the culture and hear why ripsaw music is a cut above
- Cockburn is also home to the National Museum which houses artefacts from the Molasses Reef, a galleon which sank more than 500 years ago, spacecraft that crash landed nearby in 1962, and tools and pottery from the Lucayans who once inhabited the ...
- Sir Durward Knowles Endorses Lucayan Sea Naming
- The campaign to name the waters the Lucayan Sea was the brainchild of Royal Bahamas Defense Force Acting Commodore Tellis A. Bethel, Sr. As a captain who has spent countless hours at sea, he was troubled by the fact that the very thing that defines ...
- David Rolle creates YUMA inspired by the Lucayan Indians
- "The name of my collection is 'YUMA' and it was inspired by the Lucayan Indians," Rolle starts to explain. "I wanted to show what I think their evolution would have been as it relates to clothing.
- Christopher Columbus: Why he doesn't deserve his own national holiday
- Upon his arrival, he demanded that the Lucayan people give his men food and gold, and allow them to have sex with their women. When the Lucayans refused, Columbus responded by ordering that their ears and noses be cut off, so that the now disfigured ...
- Five Ways to Love the Local in Nassau, Bahamas
- On a recent trip I discovered the stunning creations of Edrin Symonette, who crafts Afro-Bahamian masks combining features of Africans and Lucayans, the native inhabitants of the Bahamas (sacredheart.mediacore.tv/media/bahamian-artists-edrin-symonette) ...
Lucayans is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Lucayans books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.