A selection of articles related to lunar calendar.
Original articles from our library related to the Lunar Calendar. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Lunar Calendar.
- What are the names for the thirteen moons of the year?
- There are thirteen Lunar months in the year, the Full Moon is near the mid point of the Lunar Month. The Lunar Moons listed here may not always occur as given because the first New Moon of a new Lunar Year may not coincide with the first day of the first...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Celtic Gods of Mainland Europe
- Speakers of Celtic languages once dominated a swath of Europe stretching from Spain to areas of modern-day Turkey. At various times in their heyday from 500 to 100 B.C., these Celtic peoples controlled what is now France, southern Germany, northern Italy,...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Hawke, Elen: British Author
- Elen Hawke is an author, artist and British witch from Oxford, England with many years experience both living and teaching the Craft. She is a Craft elder, a Wiccan initiate, and a professional astrologer and tarot reader, as well as being a working...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Phases of the Moon: 1991 to 2000 - Dates and Times
- Year New Moon First Quarter Full Moon Last Quarter Delta T 1991 Jan 7 18:36 00h01m Jan 15 23:50 A Jan 23 14:21 Jan 30 06:10 n Feb 6 13:53 Feb 14 17:32 Feb 21 22:58 Feb 28 18:24 Mar 8 10:34 Mar 16 08:12 Mar 23 06:03 Mar 30 07:17 Apr 7 06:47 Apr 14 19:39 Apr 21...
Astrology >> The Moon
- Phases of the Moon: 1981 to 1990 - Dates and Times
- Year New Moon First Quarter Full Moon Last Quarter Delta T 1981 Jan 6 07:23 Jan 13 10:10 Jan 20 07:39 n Jan 28 04:19 00h01m Feb 4 22:14 A Feb 11 17:49 Feb 18 22:58 Feb 27 01:16 Mar 6 10:32 Mar 13 01:51 Mar 20 15:22 Mar 28 19:36 Apr 4 20:20 Apr 11 11:11 Apr 19...
Astrology >> The Moon
Lunar Calendar is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Lunar Calendar books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Modeling Lunar Calendar Holiday Effects in Taiwan
- to generate lunar calendar holiday regressors used in this paper.
- Goal: Project Participants: The Miami Lunar Calendar: Issues
- Miami Lunar Calendar Project. Goal: • To help the Miami Tribe to reestablish their traditional lunar calendar.
- Gregorian-Lunar Calendar Conversion Table of 2012 (Ren-chen
- Lunar date. 8. 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 .
- 501 Moon Calendar [v4.0] (WP)
- Students will make daily observations of the moon and keep a record of their observations on a MOON PHASE CALENDAR hung on their refrigerator at home.
- Fanha'aniyan Pulan CHamoru (Chamorro Lunar Calendar)
- Mar 2, 2011 Calendar) features the contributions and advice of the Chamorro.
Suggested News Resources
- Ramadan: A Blessed month of Fasting
- For 30 days in the 9th month of the Islamic lunar calendar, the Holy Quran was revealed to the Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) by the angel Gabriel/Jabril.
- Ramadan ends with breaking of fast
- Eid ul-Fitr is a holiday that marks the end of Ramadan, the ninth month of the lunar calendar, and the beginning of Shaban, the 10th lunar month. This Eid is a joyful holiday that is celebrated for three days.
- Chief Justice calls for monitoring sky for moon on Monday
- The Chief Islamic Justice Department called on the public to scour the skies on Monday for the crescent moon, whose sighting marks the end of the holy month of Ramadan and the start of the month of shawal, according to the lunar calendar.
- Vedic studies should only follow lunar calendar: Karnataka University
- Studies are prescribed for particular times of the lunar calendar, and proscribed at other times.
- Fasting to feed the soul
- Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic lunar calendar. Since a lunar month is about a day shorter than a solar month, the lunar year is shorter, and Ramadan comes about 11 days earlier each year.
Suggested Web Resources
- Lunar Calendar 2011
- Lunar calendar for 2011 with the moon phases. The phases between 1971 and 2037 can be displayed.
- Lunar calendar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A lunar calendar is a calendar that is based on cycles of the lunar phase.
- Moon Phases | StarDate Online
- The Moon takes 27.3 days to orbit Earth, but the lunar phase cycle (from new approximately every three years there are two full Moons in one calendar month.
- Moon Phases Calendar / Moon Schedule
- This moon phases calendar tool or moon schedule is an easy way to find out the lunar phase for any given month.
- Moon: Rise, set times, Lunar eclipse dates, Moon phase calendar
- Calculate Moon rise, set and lunar eclipse times for your location. Also see ocean tide times, folklore, and zodiac information, all from The Old Farmer's Almanac.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.