A selection of articles related to lunisolar calendars.
Original articles from our library related to the Lunisolar Calendars. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Lunisolar Calendars.
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Lunisolar Calendars is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Lunisolar Calendars books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The Secret Jewish History of Leap Year
- The Hebrew calendar is a bit more complex, being a “lunisolar” calendar that simultaneously is dependent upon cycles of the moon to measure months and cycles of the sun to measure the lengths of the day and the year.
- How is Easter determined?
- Unlike many holidays, the date for Easter varies because it is determined on the basis of lunisolar cycles. That is, Easter is established by the traditional twelve-month solar calendar and the phase of the Moon.
- What Is Time and How Do We Count It?
- Today, the Gregorian calendar is the officially accepted organization of annual time for civil use in every nation in the world.
- Clock keeps ticking on calendar reform, as another leap year passes by
- Other potential options include a range of systems that modify the length of weeks (the Cotsworth 13-month plan once used by the Eastman Kodak Company), or a lunisolar version (like the modified Hebrew calendar) with a leap month. Whether or not the ...
- Pan celebrates 5th birthday after 20 years
- In the traditional Chinese lunisolar calendar, there are 13 months, or 383 to 385 days in a leap year, with a leap month.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Lunisolar Calendars Topics
Related searchessplinter cell novels
tess of the durbervilles plot summary
oscilloscope example usage