A selection of articles related to lustral bath.
Original articles from our library related to the Lustral Bath. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Lustral Bath.
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Self Dedication - a Ritual for You
- Self Dedication Explained Initiation is a process of "death and rebirth" - the old self dies, and the new and magickal self is born. A rite of self-dedication marks a serious commitment and dedication to the path, and should not be taken lightly....
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- The powers of light and color
- The use of colored lights is becoming more popular as people discover the benefits of this practice. Whether to set a mood, calm you down, or wake you up, light has long been used to affect our frame of mind. Colored light is an easy and affordable method of...
Symbology >> Colorology
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Celtic Gods of Mainland Europe
- Speakers of Celtic languages once dominated a swath of Europe stretching from Spain to areas of modern-day Turkey. At various times in their heyday from 500 to 100 B.C., these Celtic peoples controlled what is now France, southern Germany, northern Italy,...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The healing heat of Ginger
- My first amazing experience with the healing power of Ginger was during a fasting week I assisted as a student. A bit nervous I applied slices of fresh cut Ginger on the lower back area of my teacher-naturopath, since she was suffering from back-ache since...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary G
- Ritual and Ritual Preparation
- Avoid interruptions during a religious or magical rite -- take the phone off the hook, lock the doors, post a "do not disturb" notice. Depending on how your animals and/or children react to ritual, you may have to make other arrangements for them...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
Lustral Bath is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Lustral Bath books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Real Mean- ing Behind Valentine's Day!
- Part 2, page 1026, tells us about the lustral bath: Lustral Bath: From earliest times a method of purification and expiation, frequently attended by sacrifices.
- The Uses of Plants in Healing in an Afro-Cuban Religion, Santeria
- Employed in lustral baths and despojos and as a treat- ment for contagious fevers, to combat rheumatism and to induce abortion (Cabrera, 1971).
- Moral Purification in 1QS
- visioned, metaphorically, a lustral cleansing that could wash away moral . 16. Ibid.
- Rhetoric of the Image
- of the denoted scene as though into a lustral bath of innocence.
Suggested Web Resources
- Shwedagon-Rangoon Photo Gallery by Herve Blandin at pbase.com
- Nov 5, 2007 beads-Shwedagon.jpg, lustral bath-Shwedagon.jpg, morning-Shwedagon.
- Jun 22, 1999 Immediately before divination, take a lustral bath during which you contemplate the question. (If a bath is infeasible, at least wash your hands.
- Homily on Pascha - Melito, Bishop of Sardis
- I am your lustral bath. I am your life. I am your resurrection.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.