Macquarie Island Fauna
A selection of articles related to macquarie island fauna.
Original articles from our library related to the Macquarie Island Fauna. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Macquarie Island Fauna.
- Fauna and Faunus
- Paired Deities of grove and forest, and the life therein. Faunus was originally a mythical King of Latium, but in later times, these spirits were conflated with Hellenic Pan, and the Race of Satyrs....
Deities & Heros >> Roman
- Norfolk Island Pine: Correspondences
- Auricaria excelsa Folk Names: Gender: Masculine Planet: Mars Element: Fire Deity: Power: Protection, Anti-Hunger...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary N
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Osiris, Wesir, Ausar, Usir, meaning "place of the eye". Also Wennefer which means "the eternally good being" or "the perfect one". He has been called "Lord of the Afterworld", "Judge of the Blessed Dead", "...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Celtic Gods and Heroes: The Gods of Ancient Ireland
- Celtic peoples established themselves in Ireland about 2,500 years ago. But humans had inhabited the island long before that, as evidenced by the monument site at Newgrange dating to 3000 B.C., as well as the prehistoric megaliths at Carrowmore in Sligo, and...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Macquarie Island Fauna is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Macquarie Island Fauna books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Macquarie Island
- of National Parks and Wildlife, will give effect to the provisions of this management plan.
- Macquarie Island
- wildlife and is considered an outstanding example of the major stages of the Earth's evolutionary history.
- Plan for the Eradication of Rabbits and Rodents on Subantarctic
- Subantarctic Macquarie Island. Parks and Wildlife Service. Department of Tourism, Arts and the Environment,.
- The Sealers' Legacy - Ferals - Parks and Wildlife Service
- Wildlife Management Officer, Geof Copson, made his first trip to Macquarie Island in 1974. Since then, he has visited the island regularly.
Suggested Web Resources
- Macquarie Island - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A Royal penguin rookery on Macquarie Island.
- Island Life - Macquarie Island - About
- Macquarie Island, or "Macca", as it is generally known, is a Tasmanian State Reserve managed by the Tasmanian Parks and Wildlife Service.
- Parks & Wildlife Service - Macquarie Island World Heritage Area
- Parks and Wildlife Service guide to the Island, including location, geoconservation, animals and plants, history and tourism.
- Macquarie Island - Discover Tasmania
- In 1933 Macquarie Island was declared a wildlife sanctuary under the Tasmanian Birds and Animals Protection Act 1928.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.