Macquarie Island Fauna
A selection of articles related to macquarie island fauna.
Original articles from our library related to the Macquarie Island Fauna. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Macquarie Island Fauna.
- Norfolk Island Pine: Correspondences
- Auricaria excelsa Folk Names: Gender: Masculine Planet: Mars Element: Fire Deity: Power: Protection, Anti-Hunger...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary N
- Fauna and Faunus
- Paired Deities of grove and forest, and the life therein. Faunus was originally a mythical King of Latium, but in later times, these spirits were conflated with Hellenic Pan, and the Race of Satyrs....
Deities & Heros >> Roman
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 28
- Chapter 28 28:1 And when they were escaped, then they knew that the island was called Melita. 28:2 And the barbarous people showed us no little kindness: for they kindled a fire, and received us every one, because of the present rain, and because of the cold....
New Testament >> The Acts
- The twins Artemis and Apollo
- The story of the twin gods Artemis and Apollo was filled with intrigue and deception. Their conception was controversial in itself
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Macquarie Island Fauna is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Macquarie Island Fauna books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Macquarie Island, once ruled by rabbits, is saved by the dogs
- Macquarie Island is a unique place, a long, thin strip — 34km long and about 4km wide — 1500km southeast of Hobart, one of the few points of land in that part of the planet where native birds and other wildlife can breed.
- European Commission - Daily News
- Today the Commission adopted an EU Action Plan to tackle wildlife trafficking within the EU and to strengthen the EU's role in the global fight against these illegal activities.
- Macquarie Island wildlife recovering after rabbit eradication
- After decades of being overrun with feral rabbits, World Heritage-listed Macquarie Island is on its way to returning to the wildlife haven it once was.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.