- Joshua Abrams Magnetoception
- Active as both a sideman and a bandleader, Magnetoception is the third record on which he is accompanied by a variable group of like-minded players, and also the tertiary collection of material to be centred on Abrams' guimbri, a North African bass lute.
- Summer 2015 Experimental Records Roundup
- Magnetoception's length gives space for each instrument to make subtle contributions to a quietly-building mix. These include the drums of veteran jazz improviser Hamid Drake and the guitars of the Cairo Gang's Emmett Kelly and Tortoise's Jeff Parker.
- Skin-applied foil could give people a sense of "magnetoception"
- The foil is reportedly not noticeable once applied to the skin (Photo: IFW Dresden) . View gallery (4 images). How would you like to be able to sense magnetic fields?
- Magnetic Element Could Give Humans Shark-Like Magnetoception
- A new device developed by German scientists could grant humans the shark-like sense of magnetoception. Yes, that's a real thing. Some sharks, insects and birds use it to detect magnetic fields, which helps them to orient themselves.
- Discovery of long-sought biological compass claimed
- But the molecular mechanism behind this ability, termed magneto-reception, is unclear. Some researchers have pointed to magnetically sensitive proteins called 'cryptochromes', or 'Cry'.
Magnetoception is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Magnetoception books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.