A selection of articles related to maha vishnu.
Original articles from our library related to the Maha Vishnu. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Maha Vishnu.
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Jasmine: Correspondences
- Jasminum officinale or J. odoratissimum Folk Names: Jessamin, Moonlight on the Grove Gender: Feminine Planet: Moon Element: Water Deity: Vishnu Power: Money, Love, Prophetic Dreams...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary J
- Bodhi: Correspondences
- Ficus religiosa Folk Names: Bo-Tree, Peepul Tree, Pipul, Sacred Tree Gender: Masculine Planet: Jupiter Element: Air Deity: Bhudda, Vishnu Power: Fertility, Protection, Wisdom, Meditation...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- The Ace of Swords: Seizing the Power of Discernment
- "For the word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrews 4:12 KJV I have...
Tarot Cards >> The Minor Arcana
- Persephone - An Intutitive View
- Persephone is a Goddess whose history has been mainly inferred from ancient mythological placement of her as Demeter’s daughter and Hades wife. She has rarely been addressed outside of the context of her connection to these two more infamous individuals....
Deities & Heros >> Greek
Maha Vishnu is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Maha Vishnu books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Maha Vishnu Sapthaham
- Maha Vishnu Sapthaham. Page 3 to Bhakthi path with love for God who is deviated from ones path.
- Shree Shaligram Shila – Lord MahaVishnu
- Shree Shaligram Shila – Lord MahaVishnu.
- LAKSHARCHANA PUJA FOR LORD MAHA VISHNU
- 955 Haslett Road, Haslett, Michigan 48840. (Telephone: 517-339-6337). LAKSHARCHANA PUJA FOR.
- The One Thousand Divine Names of Lord Sri Maha Vishnu, with
- Sri Vishnu Sahasra Nama is a collection of one thousand names of Lord. Maha Vishnu. It is recited both as a Stotra as well as a Namavali.
Suggested News Resources
- Return to Forever continues to reinvent its music
- Photo provided by Kimberly Wright » Where: Murat Theatre in Old National Centre, 502 N. New Jersey St.
- Jimmy Herring Will Join Return To Forever
- This incarnation of the band features core members Chick Corea (keys), Stanley Clarke (bass) and Lenny White (drums), along with Mahavishnu Orchestra alum Jean-Luc Ponty (violin) as well as guitarist Frank Gambale.
- Valli Yak Mangalya: Time to make vows and ward off evil spirits
- By LB Senaratne The Valli Yak Mangalya, the finale of the Kandy Esala Maha Perahera, enacted at the Maha Vishnu Devale in Kandy has its origins in the Aluthnuwara Perahera. The Valli Yak Mangalya, is performed for seven days at the Maha Vishnu Devale.
- Upcoming Concerts: Paul Anka, Indigo Girls, And More
- The Mahavishnu Project, a tribute to the Mahavishnu Orchestra, is there Oct. 20; tickets are $25 and $15. Jazz guitarist Larry Carlton plays Oct.
- John & Molly's features Flip 'n' Mickeys, Herd of Blues
- Today: G. Calvin Weston's Treasures of the Spirit, music of Mahavishnu, 7 pm, $10. Saturday: Prophets in Stereo, 7 pm, $8.
Suggested Web Resources
- Mahavishnu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In Hinduism, Mahavishnu (Devanāgarī: महाविष्णु) is an aspect of Vishnu, the Absolute which is beyond human comprehension and is beyond all attributes.
- Mahavishnu Orchestra: you know you know - YouTube
- Jul 22, 2006 Billy Cobham is hitting those skins as if his very life depended on it.
- Mahavishnu Project News
- Feb 25, 2011 Spring and summer of 2011 is bringing lots of new Mahavishnu Project shows!
- Mahavishnu Orchestra Biography
- The Mahavishnu Orchestra. Many consider John McLaughlin's Mahavishnu Orchestra to be the greatest of all the jazz-rock fusion groups.