A selection of articles related to mahabharata.
Original articles from our library related to the Mahabharata. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mahabharata.
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Starting with Jesus and the Christian Path...
- During the years of the historical Jesus' life, there are eight or nine years that his whereabouts are not accounted for. Meaning these are the 'lost' years. It was after returning that he truly began to teach his wisdom. Many scholars believe he was in India...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Mahabharata is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mahabharata books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- MAHABHARATA retold by C. Rajagopalachari Contents
- The complete text of Chakravarti Rajagopalachari's retelling of the story, as a single online PDF file.
- The Date of the Mahabharata War
- Discusses the evidence and the possibilities for placing the basic story in the third to fifth millenia before the Christian era. By Subhash Kak.
- INDIA'S EPIC MAHABHARATA GAME
- Lotus Press, P. O. Box 325, Twin Lakes, WI 53181, USA.
- Mahabharata tatparnirnaya
- Mahabharatha Tatparya Nirnaya. Chapter XIX.
- THE MAHABHARATA
- Dec 14, 1992 Mahabharata was written down by the great sage Krishna Dvaipayana (Vyasa) about . Saunaka asks for the Mahabharata to be narrated.
Suggested News Resources
- 'I am Anna's Krishna in the Mahabharata against graft'
- NEW DELHI: "Anna is my Arjuna, and in this mahabharata against corruption I am his Krishna," said Supriya Singh, 44, who drove Anna's chariot - a mini-truck - soon after the leader was released from Tihar Jail.
- Mohan Babu to play Ravana in new Ramayana
- The rich Indian mythological tradition has inspired many writers and filmmakers, and the epics, the Ramayana [ Images ] and the Mahabharata [ Images ], have been adapted on the small screen and big, several times.
- Taking Mahabharata beyond Bharat
- What lies beneath, within, through and beyond the Mahabharata has engrossed Dr Jesse Knutson for years. In India on an extended academic visit from the United States, Knutson is a scholar of Sanskrit literature at University of California, Berkley.
- Ramayana from the Sita's perspective
- At the age of eight, Samhita Arni took it upon herself to rewrite the Mahabharata from a child's perspective. The book, Mahabharata: A Child's View was published in 1996, when Arni turned 11.
- Of familiar and unfamiliar characters from the epic
- To use his own simile, Bibek Debroy has been climbing patiently the steep mountain of the Mahabharata. The translator of Vyasa's epic today has a much easier task when it comes to struggling with the Sanskrit text.
Suggested Web Resources
- Mahabharata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Mahabharata is one of the two major Sanskrit epics of ancient India, the other being the Ramayana. The epic is part of itihasa.
- Mahabharata - Sacred Texts
- The complete text of the translation by Kisan Mohan Ganguli.
- The Mahabharata
- An introduction to the study of the work, with a very brief summary, and reviews of some of the available translations.
- Includes an introduction and a synopsis, a list of English translations of the epic.
- Mahabharat - Episode 1 - YouTube
- Jun 10, 2008 Video Responses. Thumbnail 4:32. Add to.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesstuttering electronic fluency aids
love actually plot
mercury element history
aphrodite marriage with hephaestus