- Anticipation Building Up to Asia Week New York Auction Sales
- One of the highlights is a monumental cast bronze figure of Mahakasyapa, one of the disciples of the Buddha (estimated $300,000–$600,000).
- Buddhism, Spirituality & Dependency
- He taught for 40 years and had close, intimate, mutually regulating relationships with his students, including his successor, Mahakasyapa.
- Buddha's Enlightenment: Yielding Assertively, Touching the Heart
- is to the story of the Buddha's transmission to Mahakasyapa. One day when Shakyamuni came to the assembly to give a dharma talk, he just held up a flower, raised his eye brow, and blinked. Mahakasyapa smiled.
- A note on Katikavatas or promulgations by Sri Lankan kings
- What is striking about these rules is that once again the king is acting on the advice of a learned monk Maha-Kasyapa-Maha-sthavira.
- Real Moments of Truth on the Job
- As the story goes, 2,500 years ago, Buddha gave a wordless sermon to his disciples. All he did was hold up a single white flower -- a lotus. That's it.
Mahakasyapa is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mahakasyapa books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesfreetown christiania history
heart and brain connection
list of seaports black sea
holiday winter holiday greetings
list of mathematicians as az