A selection of articles related to mahanirvana tantra.
Original articles from our library related to the Mahanirvana Tantra. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mahanirvana Tantra.
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Trance-formation (The Cosmic Tao of the Sexes)
- The purest outpouring of love between the sexes, is as a miniature super-nova of ecstatic union. Reciprocating pleasure becomes the engine that feeds the fires of passion. Passion becomes dynamic fuel for love. It is an engine that runs with the force of a...
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Pagan Sexuality and Sexual Freedom
- Old Traditions Live Today! Pagans like me who believe in, talk about and practice sexual freedom are protected by the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. As individuals, and as Americans, we pagans have the freedom to choose the manner in which we...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Mahanirvana Tantra is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mahanirvana Tantra books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Love the World as Yourself
- https://flic.kr/p/brqBru What is the “mind?” Is it a holographic portal into consciousness, reflecting life itself, or perhaps the God particle common to all human beings?
- The practice of Idol Worship in Hinduism
- In fact, Mahanirvana Tantra (14.123) defines worship as the union of the Jiva (individual) with Atman (God). How is this closeness achieved?
- Spiritual vs. Material Fulfillment: Who Says You Can't Have Both? (Part II)
- "Desire is not to be let loose without a bridle," the Maha Nirvana Tantra, another revered 13th-century text, tells us. The teachings are very clear: This bridle is not denial or renunciation.
- Meet a Goddess: Kali
- It is sometimes said that she is dark because she has existed since before light was created. The Mahanirvana Tantra says: “Just as all colors disappear in black, so all names and forms disappear in her.
- Goddess KALI ~ The Antidote
- Goddess Kali (pronounced Kaali) baffles the modern mind. The image of Kali would probably give a nightmare to a tender mind or even appear grotesque. But for centuries, India has known Kali as raw feminine energy and as a manifested Goddess.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.