A selection of articles related to mahavira.
Original articles from our library related to the Mahavira. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mahavira.
- Starting with Jesus and the Christian Path...
- During the years of the historical Jesus' life, there are eight or nine years that his whereabouts are not accounted for. Meaning these are the 'lost' years. It was after returning that he truly began to teach his wisdom. Many scholars believe he was in India...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Mahavira is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mahavira books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- LORD MAHAVIRA PUBLISHER'S NOTE
- The book 'Lord Mahavira', by Dr.
- SHRAMAN BHAGAVAN MAHAVIRA AND JAINISM THE JAINA
- SHRAMAN BHAGAVAN MAHAVIRA AND JAINISM. By: Dr. Ramanlal C.
- LORD MAHAVIRA HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICAL COLLEGE
- DR.PARMOD KUMAR. M.
Suggested News Resources
- Between desire and need
- Art is built on the idea of restraint, which is central to Mahavira's teachings, writes Sudhamahi Regunathan. Among the many definitions and descriptions of art, one is built on the idea of restraint.
- Assuming Value Everywhere
- 2500 years ago, the Indian sage Mahavira defined the core tenets of the Jain religion, with a key principle being that of Anekantavada, or "many-sidedness.
- No pleasant shower this; 8 dead
- A 10-metre long boundary wall of Lord Mahavira Homeopathic College on Hambran Road fell and the boundary wall of Sheela Hospital fell on a parked car and motorcycle.
- Heavy rain wreaks havoc in Punjab, 17 dead
- Scores of vehicles that were parked alongside the wall at the DMC Hospital and Lord Mahavira Hospital were damaged after the wall collapsed.
- Putra Bupati Tulang Bawang Dinyatakan Buron
- Hal hal ini dikatakan Dir Krimum, Kombes Mahavira Zen pada Senin (8/8). Surat panggilan sudah dua kali dilayangkan terhadap putra Bupati Kabupaten Tulangbawang Abdurahman Sarbini tersebut.”Surat panggilan sudah kita kasih sampai 2 kali.
Suggested Web Resources
- Mahavira - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- At the age of thirty Mahavira renounced his kingdom and family, gave up his worldly possessions, and spent twelve years as an ascetic.
- Lord Mahavir and Jain Religion
- Lord Mahavir and Jain Religion. Complied by Pravin K. Shah Jain Study Center of North Carolina.
- Jan 30, 2005 A brief life-sketch of Mahavira, the twenty-fourth Tirthankara of the Jain religion.
- Mahavira and Jainism by Sanderson Beck
- Two centuries later during the life of Mahavira there were still followers of Parshva, and they are mentioned in Buddhist texts as well as in Jaina scriptures.
- Mahavira biography
- Mahavira (or Mahaviracharya meaning Mahavira the Teacher) was of the Jaina religion and was familiar with Jaina mathematics.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheshokan language phylum
algae extracting oil from algae
peloton riding in the peloton
have i got news for you running gags