- Response to Tisaranee Gunasekera Contra “Sinha Le, Anyone?”
- So it is more than likely that the Mahawamsa was drawing from the existing corpus of legends rather than creating a new one. There were several clans with totemistic names among the ancient Sinhalese, such as Lambakanna (hare), Moriya (peacock), ...
- The Evocative Minor Chords of 'Dunno Budunge' and the Current Discord
- The claimed 'nobility' of this self-destructive act is held up as an ideal worthy of imitation. Attanagalla in the Anuradhapura district, is a monument to this king. [Ref: Mahawamsa 58-97].
- Response to Tisaranee Gunasekera Contra "Sinha Le, Anyone?"
- There are entire castes of Sinhalese, who have different origin myths from the Mahawamsa story. For example, the Salagamas believe they are descended from Namboodiri Brahmins, whilst the Karavas claim Rajput Kshatriayas as their ancestors. Several ...
- I say 'NO' to Sinha-Le AND to Sinhale-Bashers
- Sinhalese nationalism does not rely on the Mahawamsa story, but rather on the fusion of four tribes, the “Siu Hela” to form a single “Sihela” identity. Neither does it rely on a concept of race. Sinhaleseness is a cultural concept.
- Germany-Lanka relations in retrospect
- He made critical editions of the Pali Text in English to Mahawamsa and Chulawamsa. It is said he received inspiration from Archaeological Commissioner Paul Goldschmidt, who was a German. Another German Protestant Missionary, Bartholomaeus ...
Mahawamsa is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mahawamsa books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
mona lisa title
two-body problem newtonian gravity
buttevant cahirmee horse fair
delta goodrem after cancer