A selection of articles related to mahayana origins.
Original articles from our library related to the Mahayana Origins. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mahayana Origins.
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Buddhism: An Overview
- BUDDHISM, as recognized by its million followers in the eastern and western world, is both a religion and a philosophy. It originated from the teachings of Siddhartha Gautama who become the Supreme Buddha.
Religions >> Buddhism
- What is the History of Reiki?
- Usui Shiki Ryoho: The Usui System of Natural Healing Ancient Origins The Development of Usui Reiki Dr. Mikao Usui Dr. Chujiro Hayashi Hawayo Takata Mrs. Takata Talks about Reiki (transcript) Usui Shiki Ryoho: The Usui System of Natural Healing Reiki In Japan...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Mahayana Origins is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mahayana Origins books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- This Tiny Detail Will Help You Unlock Buddhist Art
- Mudras have been an important part of Buddhist history from the very moment of its founding. Buddhism traces its origins to a prince named Siddhartha Gautama who was born in Nepal between the 6th and 4th century B.C.
- A Brief History Of Yoga: From Ancient Hindu Scriptures To The Modern
- 3rd century, BCE. In the 3rd century BCE, references to the term “yoga” became more common in Hindu, Jain, and Buddhist writings. In Mahāyāna Buddhism, the notion of yoga as a spiritual or meditative practice as we know now was referred to as Yogachara ...
- A Biologist's World View: Richard Dawkins Sheds Light on His Life
- In 2011, at a candlelit dinner at Oxford University to mark his 70th birthday, the biologist Richard Dawkins recited a self-written poem in which he said there was still time “to set the world alight.” Prof.
- Shelters from the Storm: More Ancient Buddhist Caves Found in Mumbai
- Seven caves that served as shelters from monsoons for Buddhist monks more than 2,000 years ago (and even into the 1990s) have been discovered in the forests of the Sanjay Gandhi National Park in Mumbai, India. One of the caves has the ruins of a ...
- Is Francis a pope for Asia?
- Religiously, the Catholic Church in Asia and Latin America owes its origins to the same Iberian (Portuguese and Spanish) missions, many leaders of which were Jesuits, and shares a great number of popular devotions.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.