- From Ceylon to Sri Lanka
- The British name for the island, 'Ceylon' came from the Dutch 'Zeylan' . 'Zeylan' came from the Portuguese 'Ceilao'. Ceilao came from the Arabic 'Zailan' which was derived from the indigenous 'Sinhala'.
- Observing Maha Shivarathri
- He is also known as Nama Shivaya, Mahadeva, Maheshvara, Parameshvara, Neelakandha and Lingeshvara. On the night of Shivarathri, we not only worship the various images of Nama Shivaya, we also worship the sacred Shivalinga with great love and ...
- Inspirational student battles cancer to achieve law school dreams
- AN inspirational law graduate who refused to let cancer stop him achieving his ambitions is on track to become a high-flying legal eagle. Mahesh Vara, a graduate of Durham University, has won a scholarship to attend BPP Law School in Manchester.
Maheshvara is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Maheshvara books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searchesnirvana day
guglielmo marconi background