A selection of articles related to maidu culture.
Original articles from our library related to the Maidu Culture. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Maidu Culture.
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Pagan Culture Never Died
- Pagan culture never died. It changed, was hidden, became hushed -- but never died. We can look around and see that many of the Old ways are still part of everyday life. Here's a few examples. What others can you see in your own surroundings? A personal...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Maidu Culture is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Maidu Culture books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Maidu Summit Consortium seeks expanded acreage
- Based in Chester, the nonprofit organization envisions reacquired ancestral lands as a vast and unique park system dedicated to the purposes of education, protection and ecosystem management based upon the Maidu culture, according to its website.
- A displaced California tribe reclaims sacred land
- As the new executive director of the Maidu Summit Consortium, one of the last remaining speakers of the Maidu language, and the youngest son of elder, author and activist Beverly Ogle, he was in charge of wrangling this lively crowd.
- Museums offer free, low-cost admission Saturday
- Maidu Museum & Historic Site, 1970 Johnson Ranch Drive, Roseville. ▫ Museum of Medical History, 5380 Elvas Ave., Sacramento.
- Receding Waters in California Expose Artifacts to Plundering
- CLEARLAKE, Calif. — Along cracked-mud shorelines and beneath tangles of weeds on parched riverbanks, artifacts and archaeological sites that have rested in peace beneath the water for hundreds and even thousands of years have become increasingly ...
Maidu Culture Topics
Related searchesouter hebrides local government
jesus religious perspectives
battle of yorktown
lets go go-go white sox lyrics