A selection of articles related to maithili brahmins.
Original articles from our library related to the Maithili Brahmins. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Maithili Brahmins.
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Hinduism: An Overview
- Hinduism is believed to be the oldest organized religion in the world. It ranks as the third largest religion in the world after Christianity and Islam.
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
Maithili Brahmins is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Maithili Brahmins books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Origins of Caste Identity among the Maithil Brahmins of North Bihar
- Recasting the Brahmin in Medieval Mithila: Origins of Caste Identity among the Maithil Brahmins of North Bihar by. Anshuman Pandey. A dissertation submitted ...
- 09_chapter 4.pdf - Shodhganga
- basis of language. The contestation between Hindi and Maithili was more intense in this ..... And it was not the language of Maithili Brahmins alone but all the ...
- Transitional Dialects between Bhojpuri and Maithili.
- Bhojpuri-speaking area and the pure Maithili-speaking area by conduct- ing'a dialect ..... Matseri, a Maithili Brahmin village in Rautahat District, has a lower.
- NCBC - OBC List Page 1 of 118 - CCMN
- Jan 14, 2015 Manipuri, including Manipuri Brahmin & Manipuri Muslim. 17. Nepali (i.
- Communication for Development in “Mithilanchal” - One of the
- It is the go-between (messenger) for fixing up marriages, especially in Maithili. Brahmins1 and Karna Kaysthas 2 of the region. 1 Maithil Brahmins are main ...
Suggested News Resources
- Save the 'Paag' Campaign Kicks off on Feb 28 in Delhi
- There are large number of Maithili speaking people living in New Delhi. From being the preserve of the Brahmins of Mithila used on ceremonial occasions such as marriage, `upanayan' or sacred thread ceremony and `mundan' since ages, it is now also a ...
- Are some Dalits truly 'backward'?
- As a report noted in the early eighties, Bihar's “high caste Maithili Brahmin is, after all, best known today as a cook, and cooks are by no means affluent.” When B.P.
- PM Narendra Modi invokes former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee to woo Brahmins
- While Darbhanga has a sizable population of Maithili Brahmins, the presence of this community is high in Purnea as well.
Suggested Web Resources
- Maithil Brahmin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Maithil Brahmins are a Hindu Brahmin community from the Mithila region of Nepal and India. They are one of the five Pancha-Gauda Brahmin communities.
- Jha (surname) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Jhas are Maithil Brahmins (Brāhamaṇas is the Sanskrit term), a community of highly cohesive,educated, traditional Hindu Brahmins who form part of ancient ...
- Family records of Maithil Brahmins lost - Times of India
- Lakhs of rare 'talpatras' (palm leaves) with ancestral details of thousands of Maithil Brahmins have been sold by a local middleman to a US agency.
- Why do Maithil Brahmins from North India eat non-vegetarian food
- Maithili Brahmins the maithili speaking Brahmin community found in eastern Bihar especially areas urgent to Bengal. They live in a region which is essentiall.. .
- Maithil Brahmin's Marriage customes.AVI - YouTube
- Feb 28, 2011 A ritual/custom during the Maithil Brahmin's Marriage ceremony....
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.