A selection of articles related to majeste.
Original articles from our library related to the Majeste. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Majeste.
- (Forethought) One of the Titans, child of Iapetus. He is said to have created mankind and, when they appeared helpless to cope with the world, he ascended to Olympus and stole fire from the Gods, giving it to mankind. For this feat of lese-majeste, he was...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
Majeste is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Majeste books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Ramification and Re-Sacralization of the Lčse Majesté Law in
- Ramification and Re-Sacralization of the Lčse Majesté Law in Thailand. Somchai Preechasilpakul,. Faculty of Law, Chiang Mai University.
- CHAPTER II: ANTISTHENES: THE CULTURAL IMPERATIVE OF
- MAJESTÉ. A literary-historical reconnaissance into the history of a dictum: Classical Preface to a Multi- disciplinary Enquiry.
- Lese Majeste in Thailand Why it destroys democracy
- SOAS Palestine Society, in association with English PEN,. Present an Emergency Meeting: Lese Majeste in Thailand. Why it destroys democracy.
- Print : Detained newspaper editor facing trial on lčse-majesté charges
- Aug 11, 2011 before being formally charged on 26 July on two lése-majesté counts.
Suggested News Resources
- War room not needed to defend His Majesty
- The tone was disturbing in Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung's statement last week in which he announced his intention to ''crack down'' on websites with lese majeste content and set up a ''war room'' to deal with such websites.
- Chalerm vows lese majeste net crackdown
- Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung has promised to crack down on websites with lese majeste content and to look into alleged intimidation of the press by red shirts.
- Thailand's lese majeste laws linked to political persecution
- It is now almost 90 days since a US citizen, Joe Gordon, was arrested under Thailand's draconian lese majeste laws. His crime was allegedly posting a link on his blog to a Thai translation of a controversial book.
Suggested Web Resources
- Lèse-majesté - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster
- lèse–ma·jes·té. noun \ˌlāz-ˈma-jə-stē, ˌlez-, ˌlēz-\. Definition of LÈSE- MAJESTÉ.
- majesté - Wiktionary
- majesté. Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary. Jump to: navigation, search Audio (la majesté).
- Lèse majesté
- Feb 15, 2009 Fuck kings, and fuck Bhumibol. The images make me unwelcome in Thailand so long as the idiotic lèse majesté law survives.
- Lese majeste | Define Lese majeste at Dictionary.com
- a crime, especially high treason, committed against the sovereign power. b. an offense that violates the dignity of a ruler.
Related searcheslist of hoot kloot cartoons
carbon fiber textile
henry dunant early life and education
scarborough ontario demographics