A selection of articles related to mamankam festival.
Original articles from our library related to the Mamankam Festival. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mamankam Festival.
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- I am Pagan
- I am Pagan. I am a part of the whole of Nature. The Rocks, the Animals, the Plants, the Elements, and Stars are my relatives. Other humans are my sisters and brothers, whatever their races, colors, genders, sexual orientations, ages, nationalities, religions,...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- ISIS and ASET are really two different deities. When the worship of Isis rose, Aset had already been forgotten for hundreds of years, at this time only a small group of priests still knew how to read the hieroglyphs of the temple walls. Isis was more a Roman...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Mabon / The Autumnal Equinox
- Mabon is a Sabbat of celebration for the abundance of the harvest; a time meant for us to give thanks through song, dance and feasts. This is a time of balance, when day and night are equal once again; a time of meditation and introspection; a time to slow...
Holidays >> Mabon
Mamankam Festival is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mamankam Festival books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- BRIEF HISTORY
- It was here that the Mamankam (Mahamakham) festival, instituted by Cheraman Perumal, used to be held.
- History of the Nayars of South Travancore
- houses during the Onam festival. Avarnas. - The lower caste Hindus.
- Kalpathi Temple / Kalapathy Temple, Kerala
- On the last three days of the car festival, beautifully decorated temple chariots are Viswanatha Swamy Temple on Mamankam day held once in 12 years.
- Nila and Colours of Life
- livelihood off the banks of the river in this region.
Suggested News Resources
- Tourism corridor for Malappuram
- They all are closely associated with the Mamankam festival that was last held in 1755. Madhu added private players are welcome to help implement the project as the government is short on funds.
Suggested Web Resources
- Mamankam Festival. Ancient History of Calicut (Kozhikode), and
- There were four Nair families under Vellaattiri who used to send their heroes to fight and die in the mamankam festival. These were 1. Chandratt Panicker 2.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Mamankam Festival Topics
Related searcheshinduism leaders
instant coffee production
piggly wiggly movies