- Watch 'Nkiru' - Nigerian Fantasy Short Film Based on Mami Wata Legend
- The Mami Wata legend has taken many forms throughout the African diaspora, and you'd likely hear a variety of stories of what Mami Wata truly represents if you asked enough people.
- Dear liberal white guys: Before you offer your critique of Beyoncé's
- For all the bluntness of “Formation's” lyrics, there's a world of nuance in the song's visuals that may have eluded many white male viewers.
- Pierre Kwenders Made Us a Valentine's Day Playlist of His Favorite Love Songs
- Since there's no love story without a heartbreak, my song "Mami Wata" describes the story of a guy who got cheated on. Don't get me wrong, love is great. It's not always a sad song.
- “It's Easy to Lose Your Way if You Focus on just Paying Salaries and Taking
- The mermaid/mami-wata myth then came to mind and I decided to explore that. We eventually developed Nkiru and also the mami-wata documentary Lady in the Water, both of which are available on YouTube. bolaji360nobsIMG_4067.
- Reclaiming OUr Inner Power and the Power of Community and Ancestory: Mami Wata
- Could it be all religions are united at their core? As I have studied and researched the world's religions, I, alongside my wife, have had the unique and enlightening experience of interviewing a Vodun Priestess by the name of Mami Wata.
Mami Wata is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mami Wata books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.