A selection of articles related to manichaeism theology.
Original articles from our library related to the Manichaeism Theology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Manichaeism Theology.
- Ptah, Peteh, 'South of His Wall', 'The Ancient One', worshipped in Mennefer (Gr: Memphis) already in the early dynastic period, probably at first as the local patron of craftsmanship, his High Priest in Mennefer was titled 'Greatest of the controllers of...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Divinity: Thought We are Many, Are We One?
- Dear Questioner, You asked if there was such a thing as Christian Wicca. The simple answer is, of course there is! The tradition of communing with all the lovely fellow spirits in this cosmos goes way back beyond apostolic times. Didn't the Magi (plural for...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Elhaz is the seventh Rune of the second aett (group of eight). Its name means "elk," in the European sense of the word. The European elk is essentially the same animal as the North American "moose." The North American elk (wapiti) is a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Egyptian Temples, part VI: The House of Life
- Library - Archive 'The House of Life' could well be called a library. It was that part of the temple where all records and texts were kept and stored. These papyrii encompassed many different fields of learning as well as the accountings on the daily and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Manichaeism Theology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Manichaeism Theology books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Journal of Religion 480
- grounded Catholic response to the challenge of Manichaean theology and ex- egesis.
- Augustine, Manichaeism and the Good
- AUGUSTINE, MANICHAEISM AND THE GOOD by. Kam-lun Edwin LEE. A dissertation submitted to the Faculty of Theology,.
- Illinois classical studies: http://hdl.handle.net/2142/11677
- account was necessary for him to overcome the Manichaean myths and theology. Thus the threefinal books are an integral part of the whole.
- Chapter I. “Statement of Problem” Interpretation of the Bible
- most observable and relevant principle of Manichaeism, for the aim of this thesis, in which the student found intriguing, is the Manichaeism theology of dualism.
Suggested Web Resources
- Manichaeism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Manichaean theology taught a dualistic view of good and evil.
- Manichaeism and true Christianity
- Manichaean Theology. Its starting-point is the irreconcilable antagonism between the kingdom of light and the kingdom of darkness.
- The Gnostic Jesus - Manichaean Theology
- Manichaean Theology. Gnostic Jesus: MAIN PAGE · Persian Gnosticism · Manichaeism. Manichaean Theology.
- Manichaeism - New World Encyclopedia
- May 27, 2008 The most striking characteristics of Manichaean theology were its dualism and syncretism.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.