A selection of articles related to manifold temptations.
Original articles from our library related to the Manifold Temptations. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Manifold Temptations.
- King James Bible: I Peter, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and...
New Testament >> I Peter
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 20
- Chapter 20 20:1 And after the uproar was ceased, Paul called unto him the disciples, and embraced them, and departed for to go into Macedonia. 20:2 And when he had gone over those parts, and had given them much exhortation, he came into Greece, 20:3 And there...
New Testament >> The Acts
- King James Bible: Ephesians, Chapter 3
- Chapter 3 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in...
New Testament >> Ephesians
- King James Bible: I Peter, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; 4:2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts...
New Testament >> I Peter
- King James Bible: II Peter, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2:2 And many...
New Testament >> II Peter
- Am I Damned?: Part 2
- CAVEAT: It is impossible to answer a "theological" question simply and correctly at the same time. The reason for this is the fact that the theological arena involves reality not only beyond our capacity to adequately express, but even beyond that,...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 2
- Now the point of any study of how much we share in our search for the Deity must be in what shared behaviors should we expect? For the purposes of the community of A Mystical Grove, this must be in how we revere and cherish Nature in all its manifold...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Manifold Temptations is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Manifold Temptations books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- THE CHRISTIAN'S HEAVINESS AND REJOICING
- “Wherein you greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, you are in heaviness through manifold temptations.” 1 Peter 1:6.
- God's Grace
- were “suffering manifold temptations.” Peter's last words are found in 2 Peter 3:18 , He says,. “grow in grace.
- Sermons on Several Occasions
- Heaviness through Manifold Temptations. . .
Suggested News Resources
- Cultural Immersion - 48 hours in Hong Kong
- Despite the manifold temptations of Hong Kong's vibrant nightlife, don't stay up too late - you will have to get up early to be able to experience the morning rituals in Kowloon Park.
Suggested Web Resources
- Heaviness Through Manifold - General Board of Global Ministries
- Heaviness Through Manifold Temptations. By John Wesley Now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations. 1 Peter 1:6.
- 1 Peter 1:6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while
- Through manifold temptations - Through many kinds of trials, for so the word rendered "temptation" (πειρασμος peirasmos) means, James 1:2, James 1:12.
- Overcoming Temptation
- Overcoming Temptation - Manifold temptations (1). Faith in adversity.