A selection of articles related to manual therapy.
Original articles from our library related to the Manual Therapy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Manual Therapy.
- False Memory Syndrome and the Inquisition
- Memories are modified by circumstance and environment There is a new witch hunt in the United States. It has no need for proof and there is no reprieve. It is sufficient to be accused, and the lingering stench never fades. It is sexual abuse of children. The...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- What are the risks or dangers of hypnosis?
- The risks of using hypnosis for change are roughly the same as those for other forms of psychotherapy. Competently performed hypnosis in itself has virtually no risk or danger. Even incompetently performed hypnosis usually has only a very minimal risk....
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Discovery and Development of Reiki
- "The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater our own sense of wellbeing becomes." The Dalai Lama The traditional story of the discovery of Reiki is as historically correct as the biblical report of the life of Jesus - it is molded and...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
- Hey! Isn't That Christmas Star a Pentacle?
- Isn't that Star of Bethlehem a Pentagram? Well, of course it is. Just as the Saxon Eostra (or whatever spelling catches your fancy) lent her rabbit and name in English to Pasch. Also, the day of Christ's Mass is actually the festival of the birthday of Mithra;...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Holy Oak
- The majesty of the Oak has been recognized by many cultures. The Celts, the Germanic and Nordic tribes, and the ancient Greeks all attributed this tree to their main god. To them the Oak represented power, protection and durability. The fiery Oak has strong...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary O
- What Makes Hypnosis Interesting?
- For researchers, hypnosis remains interesting because it is so resistant to comprehensive theoretical understanding, and because many of the basic hypnotic phenomena seem to challenge our understanding of how central neurological mechanisms are organized. For...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- S. Hahnemann's discoveries
- Homeopathy was founded by Samuel Hahnemann (1755 - 1843), a German physician. Hahnemann was an educated man; except for medicines he had also studied Greek, Latin, five other languages and philosophy. He was familiar with the ancient Greek healing-arts, and...
Body Mysteries >> Homeopathy
Manual Therapy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Manual Therapy books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Manual Therapy Techniques for the Shoulder
- Manual Therapy Techniques for the Shoulder. LCDR Joe Strunce PT, DSc, OCS, FAAOMPT. Page 2.
- Exclusive discount on Manual Therapy subscription for members of
- Manual Therapy. Editors: Professor Ann Moore, UK and Associate Professor Gwendolen Jull, Australia.
- Therapeutic Exercise and Orthopedic Manual Therapy for
- manual therapy for the treatment of impingement syndrome. Data Source: the treatments included therapeutic exercise or manual therapy.
- The Role of Active Release Manual Therapy for Upper Extremity
- Key Words: overuse syndrome; manual therapy; epicondylitis; carpal tunnel. INTRODUCTION.
Suggested News Resources
- Chronic pain? You can get a vardan
- For all those who have been beneficiaries of the Functional Manual Therapy(FMT) that the Johnsons pioneered, practice and proselytise, it is this facet that sets them apart from other physical therapists.
- MJD ready for the season
- Stephania is a physical therapist who is a Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist and a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist.
- Physiotherapists help ease pain
- To promote faster healing of a problem area, physiotherapists employ a variety of methods - including manual therapy using various physical modalities such as laser, ultrasound, electrical muscle stimulation, heat and cold applications and the like.
- Getting healthy can hurt: These exercises should be avoided
- this machine carries much more risk than it does reward. Joe DiVincenzo is a physical therapist and clinical specialist in manual therapy. He writes "On the Mend" weekly.
Suggested Web Resources
- Manual Therapy - Home
- Manual Therapy is a peer-reviewed journal catering to the diverse needs of the various professions engaged in all aspects of Manual Therapy.
- Manual Physical Therapy for Pain Relief
- Sometimes called hands-on physical therapy, manual physical therapy uses no devices or machines.
- Manual Therapy - Elsevier
- Manual Therapy- Manual Therapy is a peer-reviewed international journal, catering for the diverse needs of health care professionals engaged in all aspect.. .