A selection of articles related to maori mythology.
Original articles from our library related to the Maori Mythology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Maori Mythology.
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Maori Mythology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Maori Mythology books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- THE SYMBOLS, SITES AND MYTHS OF THE MAORI BY
- present the myths of the Maori that lend themselves to studies in comparative mythology. The suggested Maori mythology which will be in the spring of 2004.
- The use of Māori mythology in clinical settings: Training issues and
- The use of Māori mythology in clinical settings: Training issues and needs. The Proceedings of the National Māori Graduates of Psychology Symposium 2002.
- Tiritiri Matangi: An education resource for schools: extra resources
- names as possible, in both Maori and English.
- Art, Belief and Experience in the Maori of New Zealand
- In virtually all Maori art, functional form is primary, with secondary decorative adornments usually drawing from the iconography of Maori myth and legend.
- Matauranga Maori and Taonga
- From them were descended the myth heroes and from those tupua came our tupuna. Ultimate Reality (Maori). That ultimate reality is wairua-spirit;.
Suggested News Resources
- Police coordinate marine search and rescue exercise
- The exercise name 'Tawhiri' was selected by Coastguard and is particularly appropriate to search and rescue.
Suggested Web Resources
- Māori mythology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Māori mythology and Māori traditions are the two major categories into which the legends of the Māori of New Zealand may usefully be divided.
- Maori mythology and history - origin myths and folklore of the Maori
- Maori mythology and history - the Polynesian settlement of New Zealand.
- Maori Mythology
- MAORI MYTHOLOGY. CREATION OF THE COSMOS.
- Maori Legends - New Zealand in History
- New Zealand history. An overview covering the pre-historic, colonial and modern periods. Māori history and culture - legends and myths.
- Maori Mythology and Culture
- He represents the sky and in Maori mythology, is the founding father of mankind. Rangi and Papa were husband and wife, locked in an embrace.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Maori Mythology Topics
Related searchesmilitary reversal
brandon manitoba radio stations
yale review of law and social action
timbuktu ibn battuta
project greenlight australia
south asian countries