A selection of articles related to maratha empire.
Original articles from our library related to the Maratha Empire. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Maratha Empire.
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Who Were the Celts?
- The Celts were a group of people that occupied lands stretching from the British Isles to Galatia. The Celts had many dealings with other cultures that bordered the lands occupied by these people, and even though there is no written record of the Celts...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
Maratha Empire is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Maratha Empire books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The Truth Behind the Maratha Empire in India
- For the past few weeks, India's latest historical debate has focused around the legacy of the Maratha Empire (1674-1818), triggered by a new Bollywood film, Bajirao Mastani. The Maratha Empire was founded by the Maratha warrior-hero Chhatrapati ...
- Shivaji Jayanti: Interesting facts about Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj
- His dream was to expel Mughals and build a Maratha empire, not a Hindu empire. He fought those rulers, not religions, who posed as a threat to his kingdom. "Torna" (Tornagad) or "Prachandgad" was the first fort captured by the 16-year-old Shivaji Maharaj.
- Mihir S Sharma: Living history, dead thought
- When you read Mr Khilnani on Shivaji, however, and his explanation of, say, how Shivaji's extremely Brahminical coronation ritual was and is controversial among some Marathas - does it "cede control over Shivaji's memory to the upper castes?
- Google doodle for Chhatrapati Shivaji: Fan launches online plea on Maratha
- His petition highlights Shivaji's heroic efforts of defeating the might of the Mughals and creating a Maratha empire that endured for centuries after his time.
- No freedom without dissent
- Shivaji dissented against the kingdoms of the Deccan and the might of the Mughal empire to lay the foundation of the Maratha empire. The dissent of the soldiers at Barrackpore and Meerut led to the First War of Independence in 1857.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Maratha Empire Topics
Related searchesoak uses
sociology of religion karl marx
kingdom of england history
night vision biological night vision
socialism branches of socialism
bohemian rhapsody cover versions