A selection of articles related to martha graham.
Original articles from our library related to the Martha Graham. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Martha Graham.
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 11
- Chapter 11 11:1 Now a certain man was sick, named Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha. 11:2 (It was that Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.) 11:3 Therefore his...
New Testament >> John
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 10
- Chapter 10 10:1 After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come. 10:2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are...
New Testament >> Luke
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Hypnosis: A Selected Bibliography
- Index of bibliography sections Selected Periodicals (14 entries) Edited Overviews of General Theories of Hypnosis (5 entries) Specific Topics Related to Research into Hypnosis. General single-author overviews, non-special-state views, social andexperimental...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 12
- Chapter 12 12:1 Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead. 12:2 There they made him a supper; and Martha served: but Lazarus was one of them that sat at the table with him. 12:3...
New Testament >> John
- Serveral Simple But Useful Meditations
- MEDITATIONS Before you start any kind of meditation, here are a few tips: Pick a place where you will not be disturbed. If you want, you may put on some relaxing music or nature sounds to keep you from possible distractions. Get into an upright position...
Mind >> Meditation
Martha Graham is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Martha Graham books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Rare Photos of Martha Graham Reveal the Unique Legacy of the World's Most
- “No one had ever thought strategically about who we were going to be without Martha Graham,” says Janet Eilber, artistic director of the Martha Graham Dance Company, about the 1991 death of the legendary choreographer and dancer. Graham, who is ...
- In Photos: Isamu Noguchi's Legendary Set Designs For Choreographer Martha Graham
- In Martha Graham's 1946 debut of Cave of the Heart, the "mother of modern dance" played the sorceress Medea who, abandoned by her lover for a young princess, murders the other woman and seeks solace in her father, the Sun. Adapted from a Greek myth ...
- A Tactile Tour of Isamu Noguchi and Martha Graham's 1940s Dance Sets
- For over three decades, Martha Graham danced her most compelling choreography on and around the abstract sculpture of Isamu Noguchi. In their first collaboration, the 1935 “Frontier,” she was consumed in a massive western landscape, a location ...
- Madison's Kanopy Dance channels Martha Graham
- As a student of noted choreographer Martha Graham, Lisa Thurrell learned early the power and grace found in her mentor's works. Now, as the co-artistic director of her own company, Kanopy Dance, Thurrell will recreate that power and grace in Madison.
- Dance Listings for March 11-17
- Honoring Mr. Taylor's own forbearer, the company will perform a Martha Graham work — “Diversion of Angels” — for the first time. Tuesdays through Thursdays at 7 p.