A selection of articles related to martyr.
Original articles from our library related to the Martyr. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Martyr.
- Pagan Roots of the Bible
- "The Bible is the innerrent word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc. Jerry Falwell I have heard this assertion...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 22
- Chapter 22 22:1 Men, brethren, and fathers, hear ye my defence which I make now unto you. 22:2 (And when they heard that he spake in the Hebrew tongue to them, they kept the more silence: and he saith,) 22:3 I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a...
New Testament >> The Acts
- King James Bible: Revelation, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; 2:2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou...
New Testament >> Revelation
- Hey! Isn't That Christmas Star a Pentacle?
- Isn't that Star of Bethlehem a Pentagram? Well, of course it is. Just as the Saxon Eostra (or whatever spelling catches your fancy) lent her rabbit and name in English to Pasch. Also, the day of Christ's Mass is actually the festival of the birthday of Mithra;...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
Martyr is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Martyr books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Justin Martyr
- The Prologue of Justin's Dialogue with Trypho, translated by Paul Vincent Spade.
- Who Wants to Be a Martyr?
- Who Wants to Be a Martyr? By Scott Atran, a martyr has a special place -- among them are brothers, just as there are sons and those even more dear.
- The Life of Saint George, Great Martyr and Victory Bearer
- Hieromartyr of Alaska, St. Juvenaly's martyred assistant, and St. Peter the Aleut.
- IN LIGHT OF ETERNITY: FRANZ JÄGERSTÄTTER, MARTYR
- Article focuses on his resistance to the Nazi cause. Also includes excerpts from his writing in prison. Some letters and words of article lost in scanning.
Suggested News Resources
- Did martyred Hana Gaddafi never really die in 1986?
- Many women and children were among the 100-plus Libyans who died in the 1986 bombardment, but none was accorded the status of martyr quite like Gaddafi's Hana.
- Yemen says farewell to Martyr Abdul-Aziz Abdul-Ghani
- On Wednesday, Yemen buried the body of Abdul-Ghani in his final resting place, in the cemetery of martyrs, after a ceremony in al-Saleh Mosque. His body was received among political and popular reception in Sana'a International Airport.
- Persecuted, but no martyr
- Ukrainians are generally less willing than Westerners to see Ms Tymoshenko as a martyr for democracy. The approval ratings of Ukraine's president, Viktor Yanukovich, have sunk this year, but hers have not risen.
- Two Martyrs from Police, Security Forces Laid to Rest
- HOMS, (SANA) – Martyrs Gaith Merhej Abu Ali, a sergeant in the security forces, and policeman Abdul Majeed Saleh Hassoun, were escorted on Sunday from Homs Military Hospital to their final resting place in their home towns.
- Google accepts Libyan square name-change after rebel assault
- By Zack Whittaker | August 23, 2011, 4:01am PDT Summary: Google confirmed that it renamed 'Green Square' back to 'Martyr's Square' in central Tripoli, Libya, after rebel forces stormed the city.
Suggested Web Resources
- MARTYR - The Official Web Site
- MARTYR - The Official Web Site. Martyr logo. New package deals available!
- Martyr - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- a person who voluntarily suffers death as the penalty of witnessing to and refusing to renounce a religion. 2.
- Martyr | Define Martyr at Dictionary.com
- a person who willingly suffers death rather than renounce his or her religion. 2.
- Featured Shows. Sat, Sep 3 - 9:30pm - $15 Martyrs' & KFAR present... Golem · Eastern Blok.
Related searchesresurrection religious examples
montessori method observation
may 13 incident causes of the riot
the dreamstone principal characters
dundee winston churchill
esham attica smith