- The Moynihan Report: An Annotated Edition
- Since many slaveowners neither fostered Christian marriage among their slave couples nor hesitated to separate them on the auction block, the slave household often developed a fatherless matrifocal (mother-centered) pattern.
- Indigenous women are on the front lines of climate change. Where's the media
- In matrifocal societies like the Garifuna, women are in charge of passing on and protecting ancestral lands, a responsibility which has become increasingly important as their lands are threatened by disasters, drug cartels, and land barons. Women have ...
- Bucking the trend: genetic analysis reveals high diversity, large population
- In killer whales (Orcinus orca), population differentiation is thought to result from a highly matrifocal social system (Hoelzel et al., 1998).
- Single mothers abuse more widespread than perceived, says NFPB
- THE National Family Planning Board (NFPB) says that the plight of single mothers highlighted in Monday's Jamaica Observer is more widespread than perceived and, in fact, is even prevalent among more affluent families. Head of the NFPB, Dr Sandra Knight ...
- Franciscan Friar Who Brought Destruction and Death to California's Native
- How the Catholic Church has been responsible for as much torture, killing and pillage as any dictator in recent memory. Why are we so afraid of women and native cultures, many matrilineal and or matrifocal. Let's unite our halves to make us whole.
Matrifocal is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Matrifocal books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searchesbohr model history
return of the ewok
the comic strip trivia
treaty of san stefano