A selection of articles related to mattathias maccabee.
Original articles from our library related to the Mattathias Maccabee. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mattathias Maccabee.
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 3
- Chapter 3 3:1 Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judaea, and Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias the tetrarch of...
New Testament >> Luke
Mattathias Maccabee is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mattathias Maccabee books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Archeologists may have found Tomb of the Maccabees
- The Maccabees were a family -- including the father Mattathias, as well as Judah Maccabee and his four brothers -- who led an uprising of traditional, or Orthodox, Jews against Greek invaders and reforming Hellenistic Jews.
- Lighting Candles for Liberty
- Modern human accomplishments seldom outstrip miracles of the past, but those who light the candles for Hanukkah beginning Sunday night are involved in an even greater struggle for political and religious freedom than the Maccabees in their time.
- Hebrew word(s) of the week: Hashmona'im/makabbim, Hasmoneans/Maccabees
- Similarly, the Maccabees are named for Judah — the third son of Mattatyahu (Mattathias), “God's Gift” — whose nickname was MaKaBY, an acronym of the verse (slogan) Mi Kamokha Ba-elim Adonay (Yah) “Who is like You, O Lord.” Or an acronym of ...
Related searchesbird meanings
burette using a burette
list of epidemics