A selection of articles related to mauryan empire.
Original articles from our library related to the Mauryan Empire. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mauryan Empire.
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Who Were the Celts?
- The Celts were a group of people that occupied lands stretching from the British Isles to Galatia. The Celts had many dealings with other cultures that bordered the lands occupied by these people, and even though there is no written record of the Celts...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
Mauryan Empire is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mauryan Empire books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- South Asia: Tethered to the Middle East; Southeast Asia: Tethered to China
- Almost all Indian empires (the one exception was the maritime Southeast Asian empire of the Cholas, based in Tamil Nadu) have expanded toward Central Asia and the Middle East and vice versa.
- JNU row: Who is Nivedita Menon, why she is facing flak on Twitter
- Every power is jostling for more territory but India never Invaded its neighbours, it was done thousands of years ago to forge a strong and stable empire and there were riots during those times as well, there were wars during Mauryan times too.
- The mighty Mauryas
- The Mauryas — the name conjures up visions of a mighty empire and powerful rulers. One of the most of powerful dynasties in Indian history, the name is thought to have come from the Sanskrit word 'mor' meaning peacock. The region that they ruled was ...
- No freedom without dissent
- He created the Mauryan empire. The Buddha dissented against the orthodoxy of his times, and the eightfold path stood revealed. Adi Shankara dissented against the fading of sanatana dharma and resurrected it.
- Original idol of Mahakali of Sannati temple restored
- The Asokan inscription, fo-und beneath the damaged idol of Mahakali, carried edicts 1 and 2 and rock edicts 12 and 14 (of Asoka, circa 274-232 BC). Karnataka was the southernmost boundary of the Mauryan Empire. The discovery of this Asokan inscription ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Mauryan Empire Topics
Related searchescleveland crusaders
binary numeral system octal
kanohi list of kanohi
death adder appearance
james naismith university of kansas
flix guattari biography