Maya Women Art
A selection of articles related to maya women art.
Original articles from our library related to the Maya Women Art. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Maya Women Art.
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Our Mother Who Art In Heaven
- (First some Excerpts from an article by Richard Owen in The Times, London September 10, 1999 ) THE Pope, who this year said that God was not "an old man with a white beard", went a step further yesterday and referred to "God the Mother"....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- 14 - Art
- The word Art refers to the alchemist art of transforming matter through purification from an imperfect state into a perfect one. This was done by first analysing and transforming the different elements and then mingling opposites in the right proportions. But...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Preparations for Sex Magick
- "Spectacular achievement is always preceded by spectacular preparation." Robert H. Schuller The first thing is being a good body with your body ! Human bodies are beautifully shaped and wondrously working temples of the soul; in sex magick the body...
Body Mysteries >> Sexuality
- Ritual - Expression of Will, Art and Creativity
- Most of our lives involve traditions, regular observances. These might relate to annual or seasonal holiday, it might just be meeting a friend every year at a particular time to go shopping, or have a beer and catch up. The main thing these informal...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- The Tarot Queens and the Kama Sutra
- '"Being the source of virtue, woman is the best means of reaching heaven. Man's efforts to be virtuous are impossible outside of conjugal virtue... There is no doubt that women are a source of happiness."' Vatsyayana An ancient principle of Indian...
Tarot Cards >> The Minor Arcana
Maya Women Art is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Maya Women Art books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Where Lived Experiences Resides in Art Education: A Painting and
- which artwork is made in the home and surrounding community.
- Wayeb Notes No. 37
- In the case of Maya women we have another enigmatic “godly title” found only in a few ..
- Wall Panel: Royal Woman Mexico: Maya, A.D. 650-750 Dallas
- Wall Panel: Royal Woman. Mexico: Maya, A.D.
- Notes on a Stelae Pair Probably from Calakmul, Campeche, Mexico
- Passages from Maya stelae referring to four ceremonial centers by. Emblem Glyph. Adopted from Marcus 1973: fig 3.
Suggested Web Resources
- Guatemalan Maya women's folk art embroideries
- Non-profit foundation in Guatemala that gives scholarships to rural Maya students that do community service work. We also do other educational projects.
- Gender in Maya society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- However, these were not the only forms of art for the ancient Maya.