A selection of articles related to mayan art.
Original articles from our library related to the Mayan Art. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mayan Art.
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- 14 - Art
- The word Art refers to the alchemist art of transforming matter through purification from an imperfect state into a perfect one. This was done by first analysing and transforming the different elements and then mingling opposites in the right proportions. But...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Our Mother Who Art In Heaven
- (First some Excerpts from an article by Richard Owen in The Times, London September 10, 1999 ) THE Pope, who this year said that God was not "an old man with a white beard", went a step further yesterday and referred to "God the Mother"....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Autonomous Spirituality and the Art of Being Your Own God
- As we continue to develop in our religious thinking, we have begun to move away from the old mythological, doctrinal and heteronomous, externally controlling religions, and towards autonomous religion, totally relevant to the individual who develops himself...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Candle Magick: A Basic Guide to the Art
- Research your spell– colours, herbs, gems, moon and astrological phases. Create a visualisation for your intent, a symbol, maybe a rune? Light incense and cast your sacred circle. Invoke the deities needed for your work. Relax, ground and centre. Now you need...
Spells >> Charms
- Ritual - Expression of Will, Art and Creativity
- Most of our lives involve traditions, regular observances. These might relate to annual or seasonal holiday, it might just be meeting a friend every year at a particular time to go shopping, or have a beer and catch up. The main thing these informal...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
Mayan Art is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mayan Art books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Courtly Art of the Ancient Maya
- children's guide.
- in Maya Art
- Bats in Maya Art. 1. BATS IN MAYA ART.
- Related to the famous Maya blue: Indigo compounds give Mayan art
- May 23, 2011 compounds give Mayan art their yellow color. (PhysOrg.com) -- For the Maya, blue was the color of the gods.
- The Escuintla Hoards Teotihuacan Art in - Maya Archaeology
- TEOTIHUACAN ART IN THE PETEN. 59. TEPEU 2 RENAISSANCE IN CLASSIC MAYA USE OF TEOTIHUACAN MOTIFS.
Suggested News Resources
- 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' exhibit whips up Hollywood and history
- So these researchers worked for three years, working into the minute details, for example, of Mayan architecture and Mayan art.
- Canyon Crest Academy student volunteers at Guatemala school
- Adam learned about Mayan art, music and culture — he was struck by how vibrant the community was, with bright colors used in clothing and art, and the people very welcoming and so happy.
- Artist Transforms Propane Tanks into Sculpture
- Allen's themes range from abstracts and designs drawn from Mayan art to images inspired by Northwest wildlife: orcas, eagles, hummingbirds and butterflies. Designs can be etched into the polished metal or built up with bronze, copper or other metals.
Suggested Web Resources
- Maya Art
- Jan 28, 2011 The art of the Maya, is a reflection of their lifestyle and culture. It was an important trade merchandise.
- Mayan art
- Jan 30, 2007 About art of maya says Brinton: "The material was usually a hard limestone, which was polished and carved, and imbedded in a firm mortar.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Mayan Art Topics
kriya yoga technique
medieval literature religious
iron maiden reunion
canberra urban structure