A selection of articles related to mayan indians.
Original articles from our library related to the Mayan Indians. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Mayan Indians.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Baptisia tinctoria (Wild Indigo)
- The source for this remedy is the wild indigo plant. The Northern American Indians discovered the anti-bacterial properties of this herb and they used it for paint. Baptisia is an acute remedy for cases of quickly arising infections and inflammations, leading...
Remedies >> Remedies B
- Grounding and Shielding
- With grounding or centering we mean being firmly present in your body and cleaning it from lower frequencies, so that the 'holy spirit can descend into matter' or, put in a different way, you can easily make contact with your intuition and unconsciousness...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Echinacea, the Sacred Plant
- A full grown Echinacea-plant is an impressive and decorative appearance. You may consider giving her a place in your garden. This beautiful plant will probably steal your heart with her large, colorful and long lasting flowers. No doubt you have heard of...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary E
Mayan Indians is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mayan Indians books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Mayan Indian Health in Guatemala
- Madre range the Mayan Indians were our patients.
- Quest For The Lost City of The Maya Indians
- Quest For The Lost City of The Maya Indians. Compiled By Glen W. Chapman - May 2002.
- 1 Some Premodernist Thoughts on the Mayan Population in
- Mayan Power and Population Figures.
- That Goo You Chew
- Indians the idea to try it. But somehow or another, they got stuck on gum too. Tropical Gum Tree.
- 01_5_Come on Over to Maya Place
- Mark Twain Media Carson-. Dellosa Publishing Company, Inc., 1996.
Suggested News Resources
- Guatemalan Soldiers Sentenced to 6060 Years for Massacre
- Some 240000 people, mostly Mayan Indians, vanished or died.
- Getting into the swing of hammock camping
- The hammock has quite a long, rich history, going back to the Mayan Indians in Latin America. The origin of the word comes from hamacas, or fishing nets, because early hammocks were woven out of bark from the hamack tree.
- Peter Macdiarmid / Getty Images
- About 240000 people, mostly Mayan Indians, vanished or died. Rodrigo Abd / AP A woman cries after hearing the sentence of four former soldiers convicted of war crimes at the Supreme Court in Guatemala City.
- WORLD - News of the Day From Across the Globe
- years in prison each for the 1982 massacre of more than 200 men, women and children. The massacre was one of hundreds that occurred during Guatemala's 36-year civil war, which ended in 1996. Some 240000 people, mostly Mayan Indians, vanished or died.
- Solar Storms: Sun Unleashes Fury in Largest Solar Flare Yet
- With 2012 just around the corner, it seems like these storms are coming just in time to make people panic and think about the predictions of the Mayan Indians. Were they correct? Could the Earth be in for a real turbulent period in the coming years?
Suggested Web Resources
- MAYAN INDIANS
- Mayan history, life, art, calendar, ancestral knowledge. Mayan Ruins in Copan, Honduras. learn of their common cultural background and more information.
- Maya History - Mayan Indians
- Mayan civilization in the classic period and pre-classic.
- Maya peoples - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Maya people constitute a diverse range of the Native American people of southern Mexico and northern Central .. Mooney, James, "Maya Indians".
- Maya Indians
- "A group of Native Americans who are so far ahead of time, suddenly disappear off the face of this Earth..." Who, What, Where, When?
- Maya Indian
- Jan 26, 2001 Maya Indian - includes the history of the Mayan Empire and related links.