- Wolfwalkers: first pics of new film
- The inclusion of a character called Mebh (pronounced like Maeve, if you didn't know) might be an allusion to Táin Bó Cúailnge, the episode of the Ulster cycle that deals with the driving off of the cows of Cooley.
- Why I Worship Gods From Europe
- Well, in Irish tradition Boann is a cow and a river, Macha is a horse and a plain, the Morrigan is a crow, Brighid is fire, and Mebh is mead, along with the aforementioned landscape and sovereignty goddess known by both regional names like Anu and ...
- The Meat and Potatoes of Life
- Mebh, queen of Connaught, lost a dispute with her husband Ailill over who was wealthier because his herd contained a fine white bull and hers, alas, did not. Vowing to best him, she set out to steal Ulster's even finer brown bull.
- Breathtaking beauty spot that became 'Bandit Country' during Troubles is given
- The Ring of Gullion has rich associations with Irish legends and myths.
- Review: The Brown Bull Of Cúailnge
- First Paulo And Daphne gave a contemporary spin to the Greco-Roman story of Apollo and Daphne, and now The Brown Bull Of Cúailnge riffs on the Irish legend in which Queen Mebh battles for the impressive stud bull of the title.
Mebh is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Mebh books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheshistory of guam capture of guam
advaita vedanta status of ethics
william s burroughs influence