A selection of articles related to medicine men.
Original articles from our library related to the Medicine Men. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Medicine Men.
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- God The Mother
- IN THE WESTERN WORLD, we are all familiar with the concept of a male god, whether the idea comes from Christianity, Judaism or Mohammedanism. When we think of a male god, at the back of our minds is a picture of an old man in the sky, who has a certain set of...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 5
- Chapter 5 5:1 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, 5:2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it, at the apostles' feet. 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why...
New Testament >> The Acts
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 2:3 And there appeared...
New Testament >> The Acts
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 16
- Chapter 16 16:1 Now Korah, the son of Izhar, the son of Kohath, the son of Levi, and Dathan and Abiram, the sons of Eliab, and On, the son of Peleth, sons of Reuben, took men: 16:2 And they rose up before Moses, with certain of the children of Israel, two...
Old Testament >> Numbers
Medicine Men is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Medicine Men books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The 'Pay' of Medicine Men by Jim PathFinder Ewing Reprinted from
- shaman or medicine man a deer hide or moccasins, something useful if he from the heart.
- Medicine of the American Indians
- Representation of' a medihw man of the Omaha tribe d Magazine. Nebraska Game & Parks Con %mission. MEDICINE of the.
- FROM MEDICINE MEN TO DAY TRIPPERS: SHAMANIC TOURISM
- FROM MEDICINE MEN TO DAY TRIPPERS: SHAMANIC. TOURISM IN IQUITOS, PERU by. Evgenia Fotiou.
- Curanderos Medicine Men SouthNorth
- CURANDEROS & MEDICINE MEN. Indigenous Healing of the South & the North.
Suggested News Resources
- Peruvian shamans to visit Pittsford for workshop
- "Peruvian shamans are medicine men and women who bring balance to the Earth and all of its inhabitants through rituals and healing," said Donald Londorf. "They are mediators between the seen and unseen worlds. Their gift is the mastery of Life energy.
- Chinatown needs a gallery to display heritage
- Also traditional medicine men once thronged the street with their gongs and performances. They are extinct today, but these acts can be revived for the sake of culture. Well done to all who helped in successfully saving the buildings.
- Gaddafi's Fellow Travellers
- Second, Libya's U-turn opened the door to a whole bevy of Holy-Water merchants and academic medicine men.
- It's risky to handle too many issues at once
- Such times call for politicians to lie low; while the medicine men, by trial and error, are righting the ship.
Suggested Web Resources
- Shaman and the Medicine Men: Changing Understanding of Indian
- Jan 13, 2008 Native Americans use a variety of terms to describe their healers. This complex and ever-evolving art is an integral part of native society.
- Native Lore: Origin of the Medicine Man
- Passamaquoddy native American lore about Glooscap, the Good Spirit.
- Paper 90 - Shamanism- Medicine Men and Priests | Urantia Book
- swf file="http://www.urantia.org/ub-media/ub-mp3/U90.
Medicine Men Topics
Related searchesnadi shastra dictionary
woodworking sharpening methods
patti smith singles
tongues track listing
haplogroup e3b m35