A selection of articles related to medieval spies.
Original articles from our library related to the Medieval Spies. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Medieval Spies.
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 42
- Chapter 42 42:1 Now when Jacob saw that there was corn in Egypt, Jacob said unto his sons, Why do ye look one upon another? 42:2 And he said, Behold, I have heard that there is corn in Egypt: get you down thither, and buy for us from thence; that we may live,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- The Legend of Stonehenge
- Stonehenge has fascinated thousands of people throughout the ages, even today people are still wondering about the origins of the mysterious Stonehenge. Today's scientists and historians are still unable to come to a solid theory of when, why, by whom, and...
Earth Mysteries >> Mystic Places
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Medieval Spies is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Medieval Spies books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- to read this article from Nottingham Medieval Studies - De Re Militari
- In the period between the Wars of the Roses and the Refonnation spies were used ..... It was the open nature of late medieval households which rendered them ...
- History - International Spy Museum
- Ancient civilizations made use of spies and spycraft to gain dominance in the world. In Earliest Espionage, read an excerpt from Sun Tzu's classic handbook The ...
- Duquesne Spy Ring - Florida Crisis Simulation V
- interest in this time period as well as medieval warfare. The inspiration for this ... time appreciation and love of all things medieval from knights and castles to ...
- Diplomats, Agents, Adventurers and Spies - Lives and Letters
- Diplomats, Agents, Adventurers and Spies: Information Exchange in the Early ... of London) and the Centre for Medieval and Early Modern Studies (University of.
- Beyond the Pale: Spies (Kataskopoi, Otakoustai) - The University of
- Thucydides, e.g., used kataskopoi for spies at 6.
Suggested News Resources
- The garden of British crime – how London's jewellery district became a nursery
- I was funded by the BBC in the 1990s to produce documentaries on the Cold War and was paid to write the book Spy Flights of the Cold War (1996) by the publishers. ... In medieval times, much of the area was open fields and gardens known as Ely Place.
- Germany has elections - and problems - too
- The next day in Bautzen (the beautiful medieval city where I once lived, also in Saxony), a former hotel, almost ready to house immigrants, was set on fire while a drunken, rowdy crowd laughed and pelted the firemen.
- The (Evil) Eyes Have It
- They'll tell you that the threat is up close, personal and much more hazardous to your health than surveillance cameras, spy satellites or remote controlled drones.
- ABC Renews 15 Shows, Including Grey's Anatomy, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Black
- If you're keeping score, you'll notice that American Crime, Castle, Dr. Ken, Galavant, Last Man Standing, Marvel's Agent Carter, The Muppets, and Nashville remain on the bubble and were not among the shows receiving early renewals.
Suggested Web Resources
- Category:Medieval spies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Pages in category "Medieval spies". The following 6 pages are in this category, out of 6 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Medieval Spies - Medieval Castles
- Spies were very common during the Middle Ages. They were used for many purposes and sometimes they had to climb trees or use stealth in order to ...
- Medieval Occupations - Shipwright, Shoemaker, Spy
- The Shipwright (or Shipwane) was a skilled specialist who built and designed boats and vessels. The most prominent and effective design came out of the Dark ...
- Medieval Era Research - Michele Sinclair
- Medieval Warfare. Medieval Battles and Crusades ... 10 Medieval Torture Devices .....
- Espionage and Intelligence, Early Historical Foundations - FAQs.org
- Historical and literary accounts of spies and acts of espionage appear in .... of the Church and created the only long-standing, medieval intelligence community.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.