A selection of articles related to medieval university.
Original articles from our library related to the Medieval University. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Medieval University.
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Subliminal Persuasion: References
- (1957). " Persuaders' Get Deeply 'Hidden' Tool: Subliminal Projection " Advertising Age , Vol 37, page 127, September 16, 1957. Benes, Kathryn M.., Gutkin, Terry B., Decker, T. Newell, (1990) "The effects of mellow and frenetic music on...
Parapsychology >> Subliminal Persuasion
- The Legend of Stonehenge
- Stonehenge has fascinated thousands of people throughout the ages, even today people are still wondering about the origins of the mysterious Stonehenge. Today's scientists and historians are still unable to come to a solid theory of when, why, by whom, and...
Earth Mysteries >> Mystic Places
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Medieval University is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Medieval University books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Is this the Gate of Hell? Archaeologists say temple doorway belching noxious
- But now a team led by Italian Archaeologist Francesco D'Andria, professor of classic archaeology at the University of Salento, has discovered what they believe to be the ruins of the site.
- The medieval power struggles that helped forge today's universities
- Who held power over universities and their pursuit of intellectual inquiry was hotly contested in the Middle Ages. Universities were beholden to popes and kings, but also, in some cases to students.
- Opposition precedes scheduled visit of Virginia Tech guest lecturer
- BLACKSBURG – A guest lecturer known for his work linking intelligence to heredity – specifically to race and ethnicity – is generating debate about his scheduled appearance at Virginia Tech later this month.
- 11 must-see spring festivals in metro Atlanta
- at Emory University on March 17 and more. The festival offers movies, kid-centered activities and other educational ... The Georgia Renaissance Festival is a medieval retreat for attendees.
- Game of Thrones "doesn't influence" what George R.R. Martin writes, and other
- The idea of a young boy in a medieval setting who watched his father behead someone came to him very vividly, and he wrote the first Bran viewpoint chapter in a few days. The rest of A Song of Ice and Fire grew from there.