A selection of articles related to medieval.
Original articles from our library related to the Medieval. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Medieval.
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- The Legend of Stonehenge
- Stonehenge has fascinated thousands of people throughout the ages, even today people are still wondering about the origins of the mysterious Stonehenge. Today's scientists and historians are still unable to come to a solid theory of when, why, by whom, and...
Earth Mysteries >> Mystic Places
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Asatru, an Ancient Religion Reborn
- "Asatru" (often known as "Heathenism," "Germanic Paganism," "Elder Troth," and other names) means "faith in the Aesir", which are the Gods of pre-Christian Scandinavia. The other Germanic peoples (Goths,...
Religions >> Asatru
Medieval is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Medieval books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Artefacts from 'lost' medieval village found near M74
- Motorway construction workers have unearthed archaeological artefacts which experts believe may be from a lost medieval Scots village. The crew made the discovery 18-months ago on the verge of the M74, near J6, opposite Hamilton Services. It included ...
- Regions that expelled the jews have lower GDP than those that didn't
- Medieval Jewish moneylenders (painting of Medieval moneylenders pictured) and pawnbrokers in the northern city states of Italy during the Renaissance set those regions on the course to prosperity.
- Will YOU sign up to help find lost medieval Lincoln church? Time-travelling
- Schoolchildren are hoping to discover more about their ancestors during a community archaeological dig which could even reveal a medieval Lincoln church lost in the mists of time. And the public is also being called on to scratch beneath the surface.
- Medieval Reliquary Discovered in Bulgaria
- DOBROMIRTSI, BULGARIA—A small medieval reliquary has been discovered during a preliminary survey of the ruins of a medieval monastery near Bulgaria's border with Greece, reports Archaeology in Bulgaria. Archaeologist Nikolay Ovcharov of the ...
- #VivaCC: Corpus Christi Concert Ballet brings medieval Paris to city
- The cast of "Esmeralda and Other Works" will bring gypsy flair to the Selena Auditorium stage with a ballet based on Victor Hugo's "The Hunchback of Notre Dame." The Corpus Christi Concert Ballet presents its one-act Spring Gala performance ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
city of glasgow boundaries
hsbc sa banque de savoie
when you believe