- School textbooks to retain names of Copernicus, Pythagoras, other foreign
- She added that individuals such as Megasthenes and Copernicus always find a place in social science books and stated that extracts from 'Stopping by the Woods', a famous poem by Robert Frost, was included in the Rajasthan class 8 English textbooks.
- Secularisation of society is a long, historical process: Romila Thapar
- The later quotations from the account of the Greek visitor Megasthenes refer to his statement on the Brachmanes and Sarmanes.
- The mighty Mauryas
- It was, according to Megasthenes “surrounded by a wooden wall pierced by 64 gates and 570 towers (and) rivaled the splendors of contemporaneous Persian sites such as Susa and Ecbatana.” The wooden walls had openings for the firing of arrows and ...
- Book review: In the footsteps of Megasthenes
- Call it the Megasthenes and Alberuni syndrome. Megasthenes was the ambassador of Seleucus Nikator at the court of Chandragupta Maurya in the 4th century BCE; Alberuni was a visiting polymath in the court of Mahmud of Ghazni in the 11th century AD.
- Indian-American couple gifts $100 million to New York University
- WASHINGTON: An Indian-American couple has announced a $100 million gift to New York University's School of Engineering in what is believed to be the singe-largest philanthropic donation by the community.
Megasthenes is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Megasthenes books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesrisk and safety statements example
fb rogers silver co
germanic paganism middle ages
battle of antietam prelude